Respected Contributor

Re: Don't buy from Kohl's online

Four years ago I ordered a Christmas dress for my daughter on line.  Three weeks or so in to it and it still hadn't arrived.  Kohls customer service couldn't tell me anything, only when it left warehouse.  Since it was taking too long and soon to be Christmas, I canceled the order and got a refund.  

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

LUCKY ME! My account was a total MESS from the FIRST TIME I tried to use it, and I've NEVER been able to straighten it out, so I've GIVEN UP.

It is BY FAR the VERY WORST credit set-up I've ever had in my decades of long life.

BEST OF LUCK to those who can navigate it. Kohls LOSES on me EVERY MONTH that the virus is around. I LOVE my local store, but there's  NO WAY I'll go in person, and I WILL NOT revisit their credit !!!

@violann    What do you mean by the VERY WORST credit set-up?

I have had a Kohl's account for many years. It is no different from any other credit card. You make a purchase, get a bill, pay your bill just like you do with any other account. No mystery or navigation involved. And I pay online. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@violann wrote:

LUCKY ME! My account was a total MESS from the FIRST TIME I tried to use it, and I've NEVER been able to straighten it out, so I've GIVEN UP.

It is BY FAR the VERY WORST credit set-up I've ever had in my decades of long life.

BEST OF LUCK to those who can navigate it. Kohls LOSES on me EVERY MONTH that the virus is around. I LOVE my local store, but there's  NO WAY I'll go in person, and I WILL NOT revisit their credit !!!

@violann    What do you mean by the VERY WORST credit set-up?

I have had a Kohl's account for many years. It is no different from any other credit card. You make a purchase, get a bill, pay your bill just like you do with any other account. No mystery or navigation involved. And I pay online. 

@50Mickey I'm betting that since you've had your account "...for many years..." that security practices may have been less stringent when you opened your account than when I attempted to open mine. 
As I stated, I have a very nice  B&M store very nearby, and I had only ATTEMPTED to set up and use an account because I was attempting to purchase a large item and wanted an advertised discount and delivery.

I can't even recall what happened during the cumbersome steps that I was unable to complete, but as hard as I tried to comply with multiple directions, cyber safeguards, multiple password attempts, no go. 

Honored Contributor

@violann - Very strange.  I've set up accounts online and never had trouble jumping through hoops like you've described.

So it was more a case of you not being able to successfully set up an account online, rather than having trouble with an existing account?  That's a different issue.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy often from Kohls online. Get decent items at good prices.

I had a few minor issues and they have always taken care of

me. Any problems with anything I want to return I can just take

into my store.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@violann - Very strange.  I've set up accounts online and never had trouble jumping through hoops like you've described.

So it was more a case of you not being able to successfully set up an account online, rather than having trouble with an existing account?  That's a different issue.

This is the ONLY charge account I've ever had a problem with, set-up or otherwise. I was having a conversation in person with a salesperson a few months ago, and she said that a lot of customers are very active purchasers in the store but have given up on the online services.

I'd be happy to take the blame for my own cyber inadequacy, but I'm not sure I'm alone in having a problem.

Frequent Contributor

@wagirl So interesting.  I never got the refund they promised me either.  I think this is a regular scam -- they promise you the refund, but it never shows up.   You  (I) call and they tell you (me) wait 14 business days.  Really!?

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   I can go that route with my credit card, but I am reluctant to get even more complicated.  Meanwhile, a few of the leggings did arrive.  Not all, but a few.

Frequent Contributor

@tobes OMG, that is scary.

Frequent Contributor

@Ibby114  Sounds like a great deal, IF it arrives...