Esteemed Contributor

Re: Don't buy from Kohl's online

Call back and ask to talk with a Manager. That's always worked for me!  They might even send you extra kohls cash since you had problems correcting the issue(s). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@claros wrote:

I have avoided dealing with Kohls online as well for a few reasons.   The main one being at the beginning of the virus I had an online order to pickup at the store.  Of course, they closed their stores for months and I wasnt able to pick up the order, but my Kohls bill had to be paid.   It took   several calls to CS, but I was finally able to get the order cancelled.  Not as complicated a problem as yours, but perhaps with a lot of patience you could reach a competent rep to handle your issue.

@claros - I'm surprised you had an issue like this, since it's always been Kohl's policy that you have 7 days to pick up an online order, after which it will be automatically cancelled.  I've had that mentioned when notified that an order was ready for pickup.

Perhaps the chaos caused by the pandemic upset the normal procedures.  Having said that, I've shopped with Kohl's (online and in store) for years and have always had great customer service from them.

Honored Contributor

I think Kohl's has some of the best customer service around.  Been with them for years and had to contact them a few times and every time things were resolved with very little inconvenience to me.  Their CS reps are polite, helpful and genuinely want to make things right for their customers - that's been my experience.

There will always be a case of something going wrong for someone, especially at the moment, but I see no reason to warn everyone off buying from them - online or in store.

Honored Contributor

I did twice.  Once I got something that didn't look at all like what was pictured.   But the other time it was a bit of a nightmare.   I realized IMMEDIATELY after processing the order that I ordered something that wouldn't work for the purpose I had in mind.   So, I get it that that was MY fault completely.

But what I did, when I was unable to immediately cancel the order was to call them to try and get it cancelled.    I ended up on hold for so long (cannot remember how long, as it was many years ago, but I got ready for work, left the house, and went to two places before got to talk to anybody) that by the time I had somebody on the line they said it was too late to cancel, as it had passed one hour.   I told him that I had been on hold for that entire hour, so is there anything that can be done?  Nope!   Too bad, so sad.   He wasn't very pleasant, either, which didn't help.

That was it for me and that company.  Fortunately, the item was not a huge amount of money so I didn't have to feel too badly when I tossed it.  If it were my company I would have not only helped the customer but would have been polite in the process.   Live and learn.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do people say "don't ever order  from such and such a store again".  Why not just say "I will never order from such and such a store again". 

I have never had a problem with Kohls and will continue to order.

The same happens with QVC, but I'm sure they still order from the Q.

Some of us create the problem but we will never see it even if it's pointed out to us.

Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt   Sorry for your experience, but glad to know I'm not alone in my opinion about Kohl's.  Too bad, because I like their stuff.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 I will never order from Kohl's online again.  Better?  

Esteemed Contributor

@janesilver  yes, that's better lol. I like that.

Honored Contributor

I have tried to order things online from Kohl’s but find their website so un-customer-friendly I just give up. Maybe that’s a good thing. I do go in once or twice a year to buy tees that I like and polos for DH...he likes their since they have no logo on the chest.
Frequent Contributor

@Ibby114   Good idea.  I never think of doing that, but when I call again (which, unfortunately I will probably have to do, or just give up $100) I will ask for a manager right away.