Honored Contributor

If stuff you have ordered from FedEx is now being delivered by Budget trucks. I was expecting an order from Fedex and a Budget truck pulls up and puts it on front porch, so, I guess the Xmas scramble has already begun.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

Budget leases trucks to businesses....it makes sense for FEDEX to lease more trucks for the busiest delivery seasons, rather than carry those costs year round when it's not as busy....

So far I still have the FEDEX guy delivering Chewy stuff....

Super Contributor

Re: Don't be surprised

[ Edited ]

It's not just for Christmas, it happens all year.  FedEx contracts a lot of drivers now to save money.  They do not have to pay benefits to self contractors. 

Trusted Contributor

FedEx has used Penske rental trucks the last 2 years here in my area.  Always a different driver too.

They don't wear FedEx uniforms and are quite rude.

We always have issues with them at my workplace.

We even had a sit down meeting with some higher-up a couple months ago to try and correct their mistakes.

They just kept making excuses. Can't get people to work, new drivers not used to things, they grew too fast since the pandemic, can't keep up with demand, yada yada.

My boss stopped ordering things from Walmart because they use FedEx for their deliveries.

We have better luck with UPS.

Valued Contributor

Re: Don't be surprised

[ Edited ]

i was surprised when a Prius pulled up in front of my house and the driver came to my door with a box from QVC. He's a contracted employee for the rest of the year and said UPS here is pretty overwhelmed and it is expected to only get worse.. He has been here twice now and is instructed to hand the item to me directly, not leave it at door, per "instructions from seller." That has been QVC in both instances. Otherwise I would need to go somewhere else to pick it up. Glad I was home. USPS still leaves stuff in mail box or by a door.

edited to add: USPS is currently delivering on my route between 8-8:30 pm. Mail carriers have to wear those headlamps so they can better see what they are doing and be seen so as to not be run over.

Respected Contributor

Fedex has always subcontracted in rural areas. And you never know what kind of condition the driver (and the package) will be in. 

Honored Contributor

Fedex just leased the truck from Budget.  It was still a FedEx delivery.