Super Contributor

Don't Forget the Live Telecast of Peter Pan tonight!

I almost forgot that it's on tonight on NBC until I was reminded this morning.

I hope it's good! I'd like to see more of them in the future.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

Re: Don't Forget the Live Telecast of Peter Pan tonight!

I set my DVR to record it. I love live presentations.

Trusted Contributor

HA, there have been so many ads for for weeks I couldn't forget about it if I tried! It's not really live on the west coast, but I am looking forward to it & recording it.

Super Contributor

have it on my TV 'reminder' and had it on my calendar since I read about it here. My son had seen a live broadcast of 'something' long ago and was disappointed. Sure do hope this one is good. I'm so anxious to see it! Thanks for whoever brought this up long ago,,,,with Taylor in it?!?!?!?

Respected Contributor

Cyril Ritchard is the Captain Hook I measure all others against.

Honored Contributor

I watched the making of Peter Pan Show last week. Liked it and will watch tonight. Interesting cast as well as good music and dance.

The scenes on the flying technology were fun - the finished products of those scenes make it look easy. Apparently not so much!

Honored Contributor

Hoping all who plan to watch enjoy! I commend them for trying this model, but neither last year's choice nor this one hold much interest for me, so I'll be passing it up. Still, it's a nice choice for most folks at this time of year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love Chris Walken so I have it set to tape.

I really, really enjoyed the live Sound of Music last year and I am sure this production will be even better.

I remember as a kid seeing the old broadcast with Mary Martin on TV every year. I just loved it SO much. I really liked the Disney cartoon movie too. I wanted to be Wendy. Smiley Happy

And I adored the movie Hook with Robin Williams and Dustin Hoffman. I thought they were both great in that adaptation and updating of this classic story. I was not sure when I heard about that casting that Robin Williams was right for the part of Peter. Well, he sure was. He just shone in that part, I thought.

When he finally saw himself in the water as Peter Pan and then soared in joyful flight over the island, I believed it right along with the boys. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

As a child I watched May Martin play Peter on TV and was entranced. The music is beyond wonderful. Cyril Ritchard's portrayal of Hook was simply over the top. I look forward to seeing the show tonight and hope that all the little ones who have never seen it before will be as entranced as I was watching Peter and Wendy, Michael and John soar across the sky singing "I'm Flying"
Super Contributor

Becky and KathyPet, I'm with you all the way! somehow I missed the 'making of' and I know I would have loved it. I LOVED this airing,,,I had goose bumps, I cried, I sang along,,,,and yes, I'm in my 60's {#emotions_dlg.tt1}