Honored Contributor

Re: Don't Forget To Use smile.amazon.com For Your Charity

I support Wounded Warriors, and have for a couple of years now.

Valued Contributor

Small local pet rescue. Its so easy to use.I tell my friends about it as they need all the help they can get in our county but sometimes I wonder if they wanted to go to the little trouble to sign in.

Esteemed Contributor

@red&curly  It is certainly easy to sign up. I posted about this a few years ago, and it was new to several people. I think more people know about it now, but it's always worth revisiting.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom 

Nice of you to post this information. We have been doing this for many years, with our $$$ being to no-kill animal shelters. We have been Prime members for years now, and 95% of what I buy if from Amazon.

Anyone that buys regularly from Amazon, I can't think of any reason why anyone would not want to do this.

Thanks again,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't order often from Amazon, but my charity is Homes for Pets (Schertz Humane Society). 

We fostered a dog from them last November, and realized we could never let her go. She was adopted this January. Heart (My avatar is her picture).

Mission: Homes for Pets is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to rescuing and improving the lives of companion animals in the Greater San Antonio, Texas area. We provide foster care and facilitate adoptions of homeless pets, provide community education about responsible pet ownership, and participate in trap-neuter-release of several feral colonies.

Honored Contributor

I am thankful to all the posters here who donate to help both 2- and 4-legged friends.

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I am thankful to all the posters here who donate to help both 2- and 4-legged friends.

@deepwaterdotter  So true! I have enjoyed reading about the various charities and sometimes the reasons behind the choices! My granddaughter was born with a number of challenges, one of which is Williams Syndrome. Thus, my chosen charity.