Honored Contributor

Re: Don't Apply for the Qcard

@Shoppers Law    You need to take control and talk to customer service and if no satisfaction ask to speak to a manager.  You should not be penalized since it was out of your control.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have a QCard already and I like to use it when there are special offers with using it. I like to use it for the EasyPay offers it has and then what I do is edit my method of payment and switch it from my QCard to my cash-back credit card for the remaining EasyPay payments. That way I get the EasyPay along with credit card points...win-win.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shoppers Law wrote:

I applied for the Qcard with an offer of a$60 credit.  Synchrony did not send the card in time to make a purchase by the deadline so I will not get the credit even though it was out of my control.  They hawk it every chance they get but do not follow through on the offer - using every exuse available not to pay it.

@Shoppers Law  from what I understand once the Credit is approved, you are given a number that you can use to make purchases right away. You don't have to wait until you receive the Card.

Some time later the $60 Credit goes on your QVC account for you to use.

If I were you, I would send an email to the QVCSocialteam@QVC.com and see if they can assist you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aubnwa01 

Delete the Q card as the primary card and you will be fine. I purchase a Vitamix a few months back and used the Q card. Every time that I would want to purchase something afterward, it would automatically default to the Q Card.  I finally just deleted the card.

I always make my purchases online, but between modifying the Card, the E/P which I don't like to use unless it's a large purchase, then having to check the shipping address. I use two different ones. It's very frustrating experience trying to shop with the Q. 

I wish they were like Amazon. One screen when you want to pay and you select everything and submit. The Q makes, you submit each change individually, wait for the system to think about it then on to the next change. Ughh..

Honored Contributor

This credit is applied to your QVC account.  It is not a credit on your credit card.  If you were approved for the card, you can use it immediately.  You do not have to wait to receive the card in the mail.

You have to open an account and make a purchase and then you get the credit.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

How long do they let you go without making a purchase using the Q-Card before they send you a letter telling you that if you don't use it to buy something, they'll close the account?

Though I've had a Q-Card for many, many years, I prefer to use my cash-back credit card & the last Q-Card bill I got was in June 2020 & I wouldn't be sad if they closed my Q-Card! 

It's a PITA to have to change the default payment method every time I make a purchase to my bank credit card rather than the Q-Card.  I never used the Qcard much & I know in the past I've gotten a letter, but I don't recall how many months it took to get one.  I know I could just call & cancel my Q-Card, but I'm thinking I'll be getting that letter soon.

I don't know about the Q Card but some Cards are after a year. If you think you would need it, maybe you can make a purchase once a month nothing big. and pay it off.

Some Cards only give one notice and then it's gone.

@Sage04  I don't really want it anymore & would like to only have my bank card on file as my default payment method.  When I order online from QVC, the default now is the Q-Card & I have to manually change it every time to use my bank card, which is a cash-back card or it automatically goes on the Q-Card.  I pay all of my credit cards off in full every month anyway.

Trusted Contributor

Synchrony Bank charges a usurious interest rate. They also manage the Lowe's credit card. I just bought a washer & dryer and got the 12 month interest free promotion. If the balance isn't paid in a year, which it will be, the interest rate will be 26.999%. I won't ever use that card again. I assume it's the same for the Q card.  That's outrageous! That's why I won't ever get one no matter how much of a credit the Q gives you for opening one. 

Honored Contributor

I stopped using my Qcard when Synchrony started charging me 25.00 late fees, but my checks weren't late. I had ten days to get the check to them before it was supposedly late. Should have taken 2, maybe 3 days to reach them. My statement says they cashed them at a much later date than they should have. I make out my checks at the same time every month.How come sometimes they charge me a late fee and sometimes they don't? I trust them about as far as I can throw them. I can't prove my side of it. But no more Q card for me.

Frequent Contributor

For over 20 years I made my purchases with the Qcard. I don't use easy pay or whatever they call it.  I pay the whole purchase price at once.  I finally realized that using my VISA card was much better because I get cash back.  Plus, if there would be any problem with not receiving the item, etc. VISA takes care of it right away. Someday I'll just cancel the Qcard.