I applied for the Qcard with an offer of a$60 credit.  Synchrony did not send the card in time to make a purchase by the deadline so I will not get the credit even though it was out of my control.  They hawk it every chance they get but do not follow through on the offer - using every exuse available not to pay it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Don't Apply for the Qcard

I thought you could use it the minute you were approved.  Maybe I misunderstood what they say.  I don't have a Qcard nor do I want one so I don't even pay attention when they are talking about it.

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi  who does the approving, QVC or Synchrony?   I do know they often say you get a credit you can use on a future purchase.  Seems like that creates a delay so a credit check can be completed before approval.  

We don't have enough info to make a judgment and even less to follow orders.   If I thought another credit card would help me, I would have applied for one long ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shoppers Law I would check with CS. I'm pretty sure I used my credit before I received the actual Q Card. As soon as you are approved, you have an account and can start making your purchases against that account.

Respected Contributor

@Shoppers Law 

If memory serves me correctly when I opened my Q card I had to make a purchase first and pay that amount and then I received the incentive $$ it took about a month, but you will get it. If you have further concerns call customer service or send an email to the social team here. Plus you don't need the actual card to make a purchase, all the information is on your Synchrony account.

Respected Contributor

Synchrony Bank:  Had a SteinMart credit card which used this bank.  When SteinMart closed, Synchrony sent those card holders their own Synchrony credit card.  Used their card rather than my existing Visa card.

All went well until my charge at hair salon was denied.  I found that they had never sent out a monthly bill....after 5 months !  I keep a log of what comes due on the 1st and 15th of each month: never got the first bill so there was no entry on my log.

Customer service: zero rating for the first rep, ⭐️'s for the second rep who had had other customers with the same situation.  She worked with me to reverse late fees, get the cashback credits, and ensure the card could be used again.  She did her part but the rest of their process failed. Card was denied.

After it was finally reactivated, I figured out all the charges and called a rep.  Explained the situation and advised the check amount being sent, authorized cancellation of the card, and requested no further mailings / solicitations by Synchrony.

Over 30 years with Visa and no problems.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Miss Pepsi  who does the approving, QVC or Synchrony?   I do know they often say you get a credit you can use on a future purchase.  Seems like that creates a delay so a credit check can be completed before approval.  

We don't have enough info to make a judgment and even less to follow orders.   If I thought another credit card would help me, I would have applied for one long ago.

I don't know,  don't have a card and am not interested in getting one.  What they do say often is, apply and get approved and you can buy this today.  I hear that all the time but because it's not my desire to have one I honestly don't pay that much attention.  I guess I should have refrained from posting on this topic,

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't the credit applied to your QVC account?  You don't have to use the QCard to use the credit.  The QVC account and the QCard account are to different things.

Respected Contributor

How long do they let you go without making a purchase using the Q-Card before they send you a letter telling you that if you don't use it to buy something, they'll close the account?

Though I've had a Q-Card for many, many years, I prefer to use my cash-back credit card & the last Q-Card bill I got was in June 2020 & I wouldn't be sad if they closed my Q-Card! 

It's a PITA to have to change the default payment method every time I make a purchase to my bank credit card rather than the Q-Card.  I never used the Qcard much & I know in the past I've gotten a letter, but I don't recall how many months it took to get one.  I know I could just call & cancel my Q-Card, but I'm thinking I'll be getting that letter soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

How long do they let you go without making a purchase using the Q-Card before they send you a letter telling you that if you don't use it to buy something, they'll close the account?

Though I've had a Q-Card for many, many years, I prefer to use my cash-back credit card & the last Q-Card bill I got was in June 2020 & I wouldn't be sad if they closed my Q-Card! 

It's a PITA to have to change the default payment method every time I make a purchase to my bank credit card rather than the Q-Card.  I never used the Qcard much & I know in the past I've gotten a letter, but I don't recall how many months it took to get one.  I know I could just call & cancel my Q-Card, but I'm thinking I'll be getting that letter soon.

I don't know about the Q Card but some Cards are after a year. If you think you would need it, maybe you can make a purchase once a month nothing big. and pay it off.

Some Cards only give one notice and then it's gone.