Trusted Contributor

Don Aslett's Super Size Mop V33533 VS. Swifter Mops

QVC SHOPPERS!!!

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two products?    Is the Don Aslett mop better.   Personally, I don't think Swifter is worth it.

Thanks QVC Shoppers!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Don Aslett's Super Size Mop V33533 VS. Swifter Mops

For me that's a no-brainer...Don Aslett's mop. 

Trusted Contributor

Can you put vinegar or some cleaning fluid on the mop to sanitize the floors?

Honored Contributor

You can put whatever you want on your mop, it's a mop.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

Can you put vinegar or some cleaning fluid on the mop to sanitize the floors?

Yes if you know it's ok to use vinegar on that type floor.

I have that microfiber mop that I use in between using my Hoover Floormate on our tile floors. I have used it with the cleaner I use in the Floormate.

I also use my microfiber mop on my wood floors. I don't use vinegar or the floormate cleaner on those. 

The microfiber pads are washable. With the swiffer you throw those away & have to keep buying more.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You can put whatever you want on your mop, it's a mop.Woman Happy

Gosh I know that, but just wondering if it can have such things on it or will it ruin the mop heads.

Sorry I bothered you.

I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, ask questions pertaining to QVC items.   Apparently, there are issues now with that too.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the Don Aslett mop up close so don't know how much the mop head is like the Swiffer.  What I know about the Swiffer is that you don't have to use the disposable cleaning pads.  The large-size microfiber cloths will fit & the edges tucked into the little slots where the disposable pads are tucked in.  I either use that, or I use the pads that I knit from sturdy cotton yarn.  All machine washable.

Honored Contributor

@Black Cat Back,

I'm sorry. I did not want to sound mean. What I meant to say is that you can use just about any kind of cleaning solution on microfiber mop pads. My pads seem indestructable and I've used vinegar, 409, bleach solution and some detergents on them. HTH.Woman Happy

btw...you did not bother me.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

I haven't seen the Don Aslett mop up close so don't know how much the mop head is like the Swiffer.  What I know about the Swiffer is that you don't have to use the disposable cleaning pads.  The large-size microfiber cloths will fit & the edges tucked into the little slots where the disposable pads are tucked in.  I either use that, or I use the pads that I knit from sturdy cotton yarn.  All machine washable.

Thx for the tip. I did not know the microfiber pads would fit on the Swiffer.

Super Contributor

I have one of his mops for quite some time. It's and older model, never had a problem with it, I wash the pads after each use and they hold up well.

I just ordered the one that you are referencing