Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dom Perignon makes it journey to Burbank today

@shoekitty wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma 

Burbank is a wonderful, artsy town.  They have managed to keep most of the buildings from the 60s, and businesses occupy them.  They whole town has so many cafes and restaurants.  I imagine with the studios that helps, but wow, so many new and unusual cafes...all packed.  Did you go to Porthos?  That place is next to warner bros. And always has lines around the corner.

when I go I love to run to downtown near the tuluca lake area and shop.  So many cute boutiques, and reasonable.  They also have the best second hand stores,,,in the middle of freeways and surrounded by hollywood, studio city,  tuluca lake, Burbank manages to keep their town small like, clean and always bustling, in a good way though.

@shoekitty ...Sadly I didn't have time to shop or check out stores/cafes, etc.  Downtown was not that close to the studios but I did manage to get there a few times.  I liked Burbank and they have their own police department which is another thing I liked about it.  I have been in AZ for 13 years and miss CA except of course for the fires and threats of earthquakes. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam