Valued Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton is helping the burned out families

The Country Music community and stars WILL step up and help - they always have and always will.  They are the hearbeat of America....

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

The Country Music community and stars WILL step up and help - they always have and always will.  They are the hearbeat of America....

I agree.  They may not make a PSA, and I'm not saying that Dolly was grandstanding the occasion.  But I'm positive many, many country music folks will dig in their pockets.

I just don't think it's right to say 'so and so BETTER dig in the DEEP pockets'.  It's not a requirement for anyone to have to give any time or all the time.  Just not feasible.

I love Dolly, and I'm not a country music fan.  Probably don't know any songs on the radio now, unless it was from 40 years ago.  She has a heart of gold.  I hope they don't get scammed by anyone and the money goes to people who really did lose out.

There are low lifes out there, who weren't affected by the fires, who will be in line waiting for money..... 

Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

shoekitty said

i think it is wrong and totally false to say the country music community is the heartbeat of America, in the context that they are the first to donate.  I dont care what the cause, ALL Americans are overly generous and step up to the plate no matter what the cause.  Whether it is a hurricane, fire, sunami, earthquake or medical emergency America comes through. It can be a homeless man singing on a corner, someone displaced by a disaster.  americans are there. 

Dolly Parton is a oner.  That woman is not only generous and hardworking, she is thankful, humble and thoughtful with word and deeds

Honored Contributor

I saw Dolly on the news.  I believe if you are wealthy and have the money to give then you should help out people in this tragic situation.  Thank God it started raining.  Hopefully, insurance cos. won't drag their Cat Very Happyfeet and these people can rebuild and start over.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

They had a video on FB, a newscaster went up in a helicopter. The whole mountain on Ski View Drive is gone, along with hundreds of huge houses and condos. The only thing left was concrete slabs. 

http://wate.com/2016/11/29/video-aerial-video-of-gatlinburg-fire-damage/

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, I love me some Dolly Parton. I have such an obsession with her. She just seems so sweet and loves her fans but also a great business woman who really had a plan with her career. 

One of my most favorite quotes by anyone is one from Dolly. She is the type to use being a woman as an advantage, not whining about it being a disadvantage.

On people underestimating her:

“I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb … and I also know that I’m not blonde.”

“I look like a woman but I think like a man. I’ve done business with men who think I’m as silly as I look. By the time they realise I’m not, I’ve done got the money and gone.”

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK