Valued Contributor

Re: Dolly Parton To Have Lifestyle Line Including Fashion And Home Goods

@Pearlee wrote:

From Page Six of today's NY Post.  By the way, I think it's a little presumtuous to assume starting an "empire."  Doesn't that depend upon its success or failure (the latter being quite possible)?

"[Dolly Parton] just signed her first exclusive global licensing deal with IMG, and will begin building a lifestyle empire.

According to Women's Wear Daily, the country legend plans to launch clothing, jewelry, accessories and home goods through the new multiyear deal. “I am excited to be working with IMG on a global scale to give my fans products that they will cherish for years to come. You might even see my mug on a mug,” the Grammy winner said in a statement to WWD."

---

Other than a mug, I doubt there will be anything in a Dolly Parton line that would appeal to me.

Despite her "style," I think there are many things to admire about Dolly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dolly Parton is an incredible, self-made success and generous with everything she has.  She's also sharp as a tack.  As she said, she's never offended by the term "dumb blonde" because she isn't dumb and she knows she "ain't blonde"!

I'd wait to see exactly what the line offers before I started making assumptions about what I would or would not like.

Honored Contributor

Maybe she will make a REALLY good, comfortable bra!  She would know. . .