Respected Contributor

Re: Dollar Tree news…..maybe

I have been buying things at Dollar Tree for years; some items I can't find elsewhere. If they really do the $5 thing I will just go elsewhere. I depend upon their greeting cards and gift bags, etc. $Tree is especially good during holidays.  We were promised a big upscale mall after they tore down one of the most upscale malls in our area ( Neiman Marcus was an anchor. We ended up with a super Walmart and a Five Below as its anchors when it was rebuilt. No $ tree but there was one in one of the other malls that was torn down and is still sitting as a huge pile of sand. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dollar agree news…..maybe

I Googled and found this article from Yahoo news. It was written in February 2023.

Dollar Tree Is Raising Prices: What You Need To Know

Dollar Tree changed its standard price point  from $1 to $1.25 in 2022, and there are more changes coming. The Fortune 500 company has also been working on Dollar Tree Plus, a new initiative for expanding the products that are available in stores. The new stores will offer $3 and $5 products — a departure from the company’s long-standing $1 price point.

Dollar Tree expects to have at least 5,000 Dollar Tree Plus stores by the end of 2024. These stores will offer products at three different price points — $1.25, $3 and $5. There are a limited number of stores, but the new products are also available for purchase online.

Combination Stores Are in the Works

Some existing Dollar Tree stores will also get a Dollar Tree Plus update. The company has plans to introduce up to 3,000 Combo Stores over the next few years. Combo Stores are in Dollar Tree locations that already exist, and will offer additional Dollar Tree Plus items. Other aspects of the store will remain the same.

How To Get the Best Deals

The Dollar Tree Plus initiative allows consumers to shop for more items at competitive prices. There are new cleaning items, household goods, clothing and children’s toys. To get the best deals, customers should still compare prices before making a purchase. Some of the items are a great bargain, but other items can certainly be found cheaper elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I hope that doesn't mean that everything is being raised in price at the Dollar Tree!  I do still use that store a lot!  I know this doesn't mean a lot to some people but there are still a lot of us and a lot of people that really use and need and depend on this store to get a lot of things that we need and use.  The economy is so crummy right now and there seems no end in sight. I truly would have to buy a lot less if this store raises their prices a lot.  I had a pretty large order the other day there and I was even thinking if the prices were still only $1.00 instead of $1.25 my bill would have been so much lower.  At this point in time every dollar counts!!!! 

My husband was telling me about the new change the other day. They'll still have items for $1.25 but they'll be adding in other items for $3 and $5, too. From my understanding, they didn't have much of a profit margin on $1 items, so that's why they raised the cost on them, and that's also probably why they're bringing in more higher-priced items as well.

Respected Contributor

We have Dollar Tree stores everywhere here. They now have the Dollar Tree Plus signs in their windows. The small section of $3 and $5 items were put in last year in our area.I haven't seen anything in that section that would be worth close to $3 or $5. 

Respected Contributor

It's really the "$1.25 store" anyway.  I see nothing for just a dollar anymore.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't mind the 25 cent increase they recently did but I would not like paying too much more for their things. That would take a lot of the fun out of shopping there. And I sure hope they keep their cards at the low price. 

Honored Contributor

Agree with the comments.  Not much for a dollar in the Dollar Store anymore...sign of the times.  Not surprised.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dollar agree news…..maybe

Why wouldn't they?  Get on the bandwagon with it.  It is the new norm. Like, see the $ sign?  See the new numbers beside it.  

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I have been buying things at Dollar Tree for years; some items I can't find elsewhere. If they really do the $5 thing I will just go elsewhere. I depend upon their greeting cards and gift bags, etc. $Tree is especially good during holidays.  We were promised a big upscale mall after they tore down one of the most upscale malls in our area ( Neiman Marcus was an anchor. We ended up with a super Walmart and a Five Below as its anchors when it was rebuilt. No $ tree but there was one in one of the other malls that was torn down and is still sitting as a huge pile of sand. 

@Trailrun23 

Same here.  Dollar Tree is so good for cards, wrapping paper, tissue paper, writing utensils, things for shipping packages and mailing, seasonal decorating, tissues, items for kitchen -- the list goes on and on.  To buy these things even in places like Walmart is such more higher.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I didn't mind the 25 cent increase they recently did but I would not like paying too much more for their things. That would take a lot of the fun out of shopping there. And I sure hope they keep their cards at the low price. 

One option to keep card cost down is buying a box or package of cards. I purchased 12 sympathy cards for $7.99 at CVS.