Trusted Contributor

Re: Dollar General Has Christmas Decorations Out

ughhhh way to soon. i go to my dollar general a few times a month, i was there a couple of days ago and all they had was fall decor. wait till at least thanksgiving i say...

Trusted Contributor

Most likely they need to fill the shelves. I noticed Halloween stuff was out very early this year. Most stores have a specific space set aside for seasonal and it needs to be filled. You'd be surprised at how early they have this stuff in the backrooms. I'm also wondering if a lot of places ordered less Halloween candy beause of covid?

Respected Contributor

Many of us don't wait until the last minute to think about how we want to decorate for the holidays.  I see nothing wrong with being able to shop early.  I used to depend mostly on Hobby Lobby for early decor.  I like to see the variety out there. 

Honored Contributor

I miss going to our local-ish large dollar type store.  

Each time I pass by, the parking lot is filled.

I really don't want to take a chance by going inside, as that particular dollar type of store, in the past, was/ maybe still  is always crowded, not much ventilation, etc.

Well, maybe one day I'll decide to take a peek from the outside windows.

Otherwise, love that store!   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

I know the crafters need Christmas supplies early but other than that, I don't like seeing things out so early. Let me enjoy each holiday before moving on to the next!!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

According to Retail News websites, major retailers will be offering Christmas decorations earlier.

Usually they wait until October and November.  Four main reasons why not this year.

Amazon Prime Day Moved from July to October 5.  Retailers are worried about competing dollars.

Store Safety Concerns from Covid-19.  Fewer people are allowed in the stores at the same time.

Deliveries are taking longer.

Unspent dollars during Covid-19.

https://footwearnews.com/2020/business/retail/holiday-shopping-deals-start-date-1203050899/

@Foxxee   Delayed deliveries make sense in terms of early displays.

Good point.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh