Honored Contributor

Dole is voluntarily recalling a limited number of cases of its curly leaf parsley.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Dole Brand Parsley Recall

If some of you, like me, want to know WHY the parsley is being recalled, it's because it may contain a non-0157 shiga-toxin producing E. coli.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom 

Ummmm..... that's why there is a LINK in the post to the FDA article about the recall explaining why, see how the words "voluntary recall" are in blue, click there and it takes you to the FDA article. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Some of us do not like clicking on LINKS, which is why I included the reason in my post.

Honored Contributor

In which case posters can always do their own search for the info mentioned, no click needed.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

In which case posters can always do their own search for the info mentioned, no click needed.

Which is exactly what I did and posted it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Good!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shiga Toxin E. coli....the kind of E. coli that produces a toxin that can cause kidney failure and death. You can not rinse this off. Do not eat this stuff. There's too much water runoff from cattle in the Salinas Valley. Farmers there have been working on a solution, but it has not been an easy fix. This recall if for a strain of E. coli that is shiga toxin producing but is not the strain 0157.

The Curly Leaf Parsley subject to this Recall was distributed in FL, IA, MI, MN, and MO.