Respected Contributor

Re: Dolce & Gabbana debut new line

the purpose of the muslim woman covering her hair is that her hair is the pride and joy of her husband.  it is to be seen and enjoyed only by her husband.

Honored Contributor

Some of them are very pretty.  I don't like the choice of handbags, though.

The collection was first revealed on Style.com/Arabia on January 3.

Dolce & Gabbana is one of many Western brands starting to target the lucrative Muslim fashion industry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

Kind of reminds me of the clothing the Hutterite Colony women wear in the upper midwest. They all dress the same with some variety of prints. They shop at Walmart, Macy's, etc., not for clothes because they make their own, easy to distinguish from the crowd, but there is virtually no way they are tempted by the lifestyles of their contemporaries. It is an entirely different social system in the colonies.

image.jpg

@MaggieMack   Those Hutterite girls look like they all used the same pattern.   Are they similar to the Amish? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624, the Hutterites are very similar to the Amish. Many speak with a deep German accent because that is the language they use at home. Colony living is very different from our lives. Some have broken away in their early twenties and are shunned from then on. Colonies are largely communal, and extremely successful financially. Kids don't live at home after the first few years, they are moved to dormitories. Just think how much money they save on clothing! And it is like they all share the same five first names and last names. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Some of them are very pretty.  I don't like the choice of handbags, though.

The collection was first revealed on Style.com/Arabia on January 3.

Dolce & Gabbana is one of many Western brands starting to target the lucrative Muslim fashion industry.

Yes, these are pretty....

Esteemed Contributor

Thank G-d I was born in America - the land of the FREE. Imagine having to be covered up so men don't look at u. Are their husbands so insecure??? Many women get hit by cars as they don't see well when wearing that hood.

Esteemed Contributor

Some people who move to this country need to understand the phrase "when in Rome...."

Contributor

Colliegirls......ITA!!!!

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

Some people who move to this country need to understand the phrase "when in Rome...."

So we should wear togas? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

poor D&G are trying to break into money money market. Nobody is buying them anymore....

Oh well, thanks for the info, I will make sure not to buy anything from them anymore.