Valued Contributor

Dolce & Gabbana debut new line

of Muslim wear for women.  Designer hijab and other garb.  The company is attempting to break into the 266 BILLION  dollar Muslim market. Not exactly mainstream, but perhaps we'll see knock-offs in Target?

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.
Valued Contributor

Re: Dolce & Gabbana debut new line

The new Dolce&Gabbana Abaya collection

Respected Contributor

@Maudelynn

your little guy Is a cutie pie!  

Honored Contributor

I believe Muslim women aren't allowed to adorn themselves with things that may make them look attractive to men. I may be wrong about that though. They can adorn themselves and use MU to look pretty when at home for their husband.

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I believe Muslim women aren't allowed to adorn themselves with things that may make them look attractive to men. I may be wrong about that though. They can adorn themselves and use MU to look pretty when at home for their husband.

Have you ever seen pics of the women in the malls in Saudi Arabia?  They are very adorned, though their heads are covered.

Honored Contributor

Not all the women in Saudi arabia are Muslim. I lived there for 2 years and there are many christian women and many western women work there. I worked there as a nurse. However, unless you want to really draw unwanted attention to yourself or your a soldier in a uniform - it is best if you cover your head. When I was there in the 70's it was the law - now I don't think it is anymore but still best to do so. 

Valued Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Not all the women in Saudi arabia are Muslim. I lived there for 2 years and there are many christian women and many western women work there. I worked there as a nurse. However, unless you want to really draw unwanted attention to yourself or your a soldier in a uniform - it is best if you cover your head. When I was there in the 70's it was the law - now I don't think it is anymore but still best to do so. 

Understood.  However Muslim women are allowed makeup and adornments. Queen Rania of Jordan comes to mind.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It is ALL about whether or not their husband approve or their father (if they are not married).  Won't matter if the females like it, if the man doesn't approve, (ususally not) they won't wear such things and they will be expected to condemn them.  They may even picket or vandalize the stores that offer such things.  It will be expected also. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Maudelynn wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Understood.  However Muslim women are allowed makeup and adornments. Queen Rania of Jordan comes to mind.

Isn't she an American actress or was that his mother?

Super Contributor

I saw a midldle eastern woman in Harrod's with some sort of jewels sewn all over her burka.