Trusted Contributor

Re: Doing a lot of cooking since staying in due to virus

Over the weekend I sautéed some chicken thighs, then put them in oven. Made a sauce of onion, butter, white wine, artichoke hearts and sliced up lemon. Not exact recipe—but I put the chicken back in the skillet with the sauce and spooned over rice. Delish!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been cooking a lot also; I know they say you can get takeout from restaurants but I am even leery of some of those places. I made a lot of veggie soup a few days ago to use up some cabbage, etc while it was still okay. Froze most of it. If I put it in quart-sized freezer bags and flatten out the bag before freezing, it is easy to stack in the freezer and fast to thaw and reheat. Made some cornbread and froze that also. Made chili on Saturday since it turned cold again...one bowl left. We are retired so DH has been sleeping in and I have been making a big breakfast mid-morning. Our routine schedule is so screwed up now I don't know if we will ever get back to our old one. DH's rehab place closed so he has not had rehab in over two weeks for his leg where he had cancer and radiation damage. We will both be fat as pigs if this doesn't end soon. He ate two pop tarts that were here for the grandkids with his breakfast this morning and I had a big lemon poppyseed muffin this morning with my yogurt...I never eat muffins like that for breakfast. Good thing the donut shop is closed! Can't go for a walk...it's still raining.😡

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@miata1, I threw some sliced kielbasa, sauerkraut, potatoes, and carrots in the crockpot yesterday. Added some white wine and threw in a bay leaf. It was wonderful.

=== @RetRN I've tried it with smoked sausage too, but it's kind of funny tasting. I think adding it later in the cooking process would help.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife , sounds like me and my hubby when we lived in Waikoloa (Big Island).  Still maintaining that lifestyle, even when colder here, and getting my fave Hawaiian salts and seasonings from the islands.  Stay safe!