Honored Contributor

Re: Dog guards ruins of Paradise, California home for a month after owner fled Camp Fire

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

I would swear that this dog is a Gr. Pyrenees or Kuvasz, doesn't look like a mix, a guard dog to the max, I used to have a Pyr.   The first picture below is an Anatolian Shepherd, the second is a Kuvasz..

Image result for anatolian shepherd picturesKuvasz standing in three-quarter view facing forward

@just bee  Most people don't know what their mixed dog is, one can only speculate unless they know the owner of the two dogs that mated.  I have my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Dog guards ruins of Paradise, California home for a month after owner fled Camp Fire

Well said @Greeneyedlady21, couldn't agree more.

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Beautiful dog, dogs truly are angels on Earth. Their loyalty and unconditional love knows no bounds. Too bad humans can't be more like them.

Honored Contributor

Madison's story was just on the CBS Evening News 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I'd RATHER literally die, than leave my pet to perish. NEVER EVER - NOTHING WOULD PREVENT ME from saving my pet in an emergency. My husband is on his own, but NOT MY PET.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was on nbc news last night, and it really bothers me ,why would any one leave their pets to to make it on their own? I would not do that ,and she keep saying he was such a good boy,she is not a good owner, for leaving them ,it was two dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

What a good boy Madison is!

Esteemed Contributor

Madison loves Wheat Thins so much Nabisco should put him in their next commercial.

Valued Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

I'd RATHER literally die, than leave my pet to perish. NEVER EVER - NOTHING WOULD PREVENT ME from saving my pet in an emergency. My husband is on his own, but NOT MY PET.

My pets are my priority, and like you, I would NEVER leave an emergency situation without them. There is NO EXCUSE for leaving a pet behind - NONE - and leaving them to fend for themselves. ONLY an irresponsible person would do this.

Respected Contributor

I have two goldens and I would make sure they were with me .Unfortunately some people didn't get themselves or pets out. It was a tradgedy.
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

This was on nbc news last night, and it really bothers me ,why would any one leave their pets to to make it on their own? I would not do that ,and she keep saying he was such a good boy,she is not a good owner, for leaving them ,it was two dogs.

She is NOT a good owner - VERY irresponsible. Some people (like her) SHOULDN'T have pets.