Honored Contributor

Re: Dog fight out on the street

@Patriot3 wrote:

@151949  That was nice of your husband.  However, if the owners couldn't control their animals, then I would have let them kill each other.  I wouldn't put myself in harm's way.  Stupid owners.

@Patriot3- I agree. I’m not going in to pull them apart. They can fight to death if they want to but I’m not intervening. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Thank God wasn't 2 male pit bulls !

I'd ran the other direction for sure

Honored Contributor

I can't say enough about the right kind of collar and teaching your dogs basic commands.  Also, if you are going to walk your dog they should be socialized first.  I have always said, "no dumb dogs, just dumb owners".

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thank God wasn't 2 male pit bulls !

I'd ran the other direction for sure

They don't allow pit bulls where we live - HOA rules. He would probably not gotten into it if they were bigger dogs, but I think he thought he could handle small dogs.

Honored Contributor

Oh, girl, you don't want to mess with the pits !

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Could have used a HOSE and sprayed the dogs with WATER.  

OR toss a bucket of water on them.

Throw a blanket over one of the dogs

Separate with a Pillow

Tap one dog lightly with a rolled up newspaper

Offer the dogs a ride in the car

Oh yeah , I'm sure those would have worked - how many bites do you think you'd sustain getting a pillow between them? By the time you got out the hose or filled a bucket with water they could have really injured each other. And , oh yes, of course if you just said "Ok fluffy, lets go for a ride" I'm sure they would have just stopped.

What planet do you live on? SMH.

Honored Contributor

I think her husband did the right thing in helping.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

A dog that was properly trained all you'd have to do is pull  on their leash before this got started and say Don't even think about it, as you take them away in another direction. The extreme pleasure in owning a well trained dog vs an untrained or poorly trained one is day & night. If your  well trained dog was walking along off leash, because she is well trained to heel and doesn't NEED a leash to do so , a sharp calling her name in the proper tone of voice would stop her in her tracks.You turn & walk in other direction and call your dog to heel, she'll be right beside you. The other aggressive dog will be left snarling at thin air.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Could have used a HOSE and sprayed the dogs with WATER.  

OR toss a bucket of water on them.

Throw a blanket over one of the dogs

Separate with a Pillow

Tap one dog lightly with a rolled up newspaper

Offer the dogs a ride in the car

Oh yeah , I'm sure those would have worked - how many bites do you think you'd sustain getting a pillow between them? By the time you got out the hose or filled a bucket with water they could have really injured each other. And , oh yes, of course if you just said "Ok fluffy, lets go for a ride" I'm sure they would have just stopped.

What planet do you live on? SMH.

Oh please, most "dog fights" are just pissing contests no real damage to eachother unless there is a big size difference. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I think her husband did the right thing in helping.

@goldensrbest Thank you. He had to make a quick decision and did what he felt was best.