Respected Contributor

Re: Dog crashes car into Walmart

In reading this and the responses, I guess I'm trying to see the humor in this, but all I can think of is what if there had been a small child standing in front of the building and didn't realize what was happening.....this could have been tragic.

I see so many pet owners driving around holding their dogs in their laps with the dogs head sticking out the drivers side window or dogs jumping aroujnd from the front seat to the back seat, etc. etc.  For the pets safety and the safety of everyone else on the road, pets in an automobile need to be secured..........this woman was not only a senior driving, but with 2 dogs loose in the car.....in my mind, as dangerous as blabbling away/texting on a cell phone.....jmo.  Very glad this incident wasn't worse.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's a pet peeve of mine (no pun intended), is of people who drive with their dogs in their lap, and/or hanging half-way out the window.

All it would take is for the driver to have to make a panic break, or swerve, and that dog can go flying out the window, and get run over, or, if the airbag deploys, it will kill the dog.

Would you drive with your child in your lap (although, people used to do it until it became against the law to do so), or have your baby hanging half-way out the window as you drove?

Yet, so many people consider their pets to be their "babies", and don't even think twice about having their fur-kid in their lap as they drive, or hanging out the window.

They won't learn until tragedy strikes, and even then they might not get it.

Fools.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if they gave the dog a ticket for driving without a license?! Smiley Surprised

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Make the owners pay for damages. You have to teach responsibility especially now days.

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

In reading this and the responses, I guess I'm trying to see the humor in this, but all I can think of is what if there had been a small child standing in front of the building and didn't realize what was happening.....this could have been tragic.

I see so many pet owners driving around holding their dogs in their laps with the dogs head sticking out the drivers side window or dogs jumping aroujnd from the front seat to the back seat, etc. etc.  For the pets safety and the safety of everyone else on the road, pets in an automobile need to be secured..........this woman was not only a senior driving, but with 2 dogs loose in the car.....in my mind, as dangerous as blabbling away/texting on a cell phone.....jmo.  Very glad this incident wasn't worse.

@HULAGIRL

Yes, I guess that would have been tragic, but you're commenting on something else other than the real story.   

Honored Contributor

Walmart needs to do like Target does put up those big red stoppers made out of solid concrete /spacers.   Make theirs blue. When your in business now days you have to protect yourself from every little thing.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Make the owners pay for damages. You have to teach responsibility especially now days.

Of course the driver is responsible for the damages.   Her insurance will pay.

Honored Contributor

what if she don't have any? half the people out there now can't afford medical let alone auto insur.

bet walmart's will have to pay.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

what if she don't have any? half the people out there now can't afford medical let alone auto insur.

Yeah, Walmart will take care of their own building damages....just out of goodwill.   I worked for a very large national bank...and when people would scrape up against the ATM poles or break a drive-thru tube, we would always foot the bill...just out of goodwill. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

In my area you have to have auto insurance.