Esteemed Contributor

Re: šŸ•Dog Lovers...Please look at new item #M117076...Chocolate ?????

@Lipstickdivawrote:

I'm sure there are a lot of things that aren't good for dogs that people feed to them.  Many times because it's cheap.  Before I give my dog absolutely anything as far as human food I google to see if it's okay or not.  I'm sure people don't do that.

I've known for years that grapes are toxic for dogs along with onions and garlic.  However, not long ago I was at someone's home and they gave their dog a grape as they were eating them.  It wasn't until I said something that the owner was made aware. She had no idea.

My DH was going to give our dog a garlic and pepper french fry last night because he didn't know garlic was toxic to dogs. 

Why make it worse with packaging like this?  

We had a mixed breed terrier dog who ate grapes everyday. 30 years ago we didnā€™t know about grapes. She lived to almost 18 years old. I was reading something where they think the reason some dogs donā€™t have a problem and some do with grapes is they are thinking itā€™s a allergy. Similar to someone who has a peanut allergy. I thought that was interesting considering it doesnā€™t seem to affect alldogs. And yes some people arenā€™t aware. Of some of the food dangers and our pets.