Respected Contributor

Re: Does your state have a COVID Status Dial?

@SilleeMee I live in Mississippi and No we do not have a status dial.  We have a great river, if that counts.  Oh yea, our governors daughter has tested positive for covid also.

Respected Contributor

Spoiler
I like it too @SilleeMee and how it separates counties by level. We are red as of tomorrow in Jefferson county, as is much of the area surrounding Denver.
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I don't think our state has infographics, but I wouldn't look at them anyway, because they'd be 1) out of date and 2) a mess. The governor's page on COVID has stuff dating from July. 

I look at the Worldometers data for the world, the US, and my state every day. I can drill down into the case, recovery, and death stats by county in my state. 

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows, and you don't need a wheel of fortune to tell you to mask up and keep your distance. Or I don't. The very people who'd need such gauges aren't going to be looking at them. They've got the Eric Cartman "Whateva, I do what I want" Sickness.

Spot on, @noodleann,.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Spurt Thanks, I'll take a look at that site. 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee - California has a four tier colored category based on a percentage of cases per 100,000 residents of each county.  Most of California is under the most restrictive tier of purple.  On Friday, Los Angeles county will be under a curfiew between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.  Our wonderful governor who preaches to us no large gatherings, etc. attended a large dinner in a restaurant last week of 14-17 people @ $17,000 per person.  He admitted to "making a mistake by attending" in his update on Monday.  He should practice what he preaches.  It's a sure bet more restrictions are in our state's future if cases continue to surge.

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom - I am also in California.  Did yo hear that our governor attended a large dinner last week @17,000 per person at a resturant.  It was rumored that one of the waitresses was going to make it public.  The governor admitted to "making a mistake" by attending in his update address on Monday.  We are all told not to attend these kinds of gatherings, so I guess there is a double standard! L.A. county starts their curfew on Friday from10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.  I think we will see more restrictions coming soon if cases continue to rise.  I worry what will happen after Thanksgiving.

Stay safe.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee, we don't have a dial here.  But we do have levels of alerts, with red being the highest alert.  Our governor still does daily briefings Mondays-Thursdays and there is a website with a map of the state and every county with rates per 100,000 for each county, lots of information on that website.  Certain actions are taken when counties are red.  

Currently only a few counties in our state are not red and we lost a 15 year old to covid.  Not looking too good here.   

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Today we reached the unthinkable quarter million deaths from Covid. And we have hit eleven million cases.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

NO..........(just a lot of Covid)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Wsmom - I am also in California.  Did yo hear that our governor attended a large dinner last week @17,000 per person at a resturant.  It was rumored that one of the waitresses was going to make it public.  The governor admitted to "making a mistake" by attending in his update address on Monday.  We are all told not to attend these kinds of gatherings, so I guess there is a double standard! L.A. county starts their curfew on Friday from10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.  I think we will see more restrictions coming soon if cases continue to rise.  I worry what will happen after Thanksgiving.

Stay safe.

@WORKING GAL , Oh yeah.  I believe that made the news the very day he was, as one news channel referred to it, "preaching" to us about gatherings.   Now today they are saying some "California lawmakers" went to Maui for a legislative conference.   Every time we turn around one of those telling us what we can't do is gettng caught doing it.  The "do as I say not as I do" mentality in this state is beyond frustrating.