Frequent Contributor

Re: Does your bank call you "just to check on you"?

That sounds fishy to me. Be careful what infomation you give out to them or anyone .too many scammers out there that want your info.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

One bank did this to me, but not every week! They wanted me to meet with their "investment advisor" (translated: sales person on commission, selling non-FDIC insured investments). I politely declined, and after the second call, l asked to not be called again. Lol.

We used to get those calls, maybe they got the hint that we were happy with our current advisor and had no intentions of switching.  Haven't gotten one in a long time.

Honored Contributor

no

Honored Contributor

Yeah...I'll admit it.  My bank called me too.  It was weird hearing from them.  I was sure they wanted me to fork over extra money for something.  But no.  Just wanted to see how  I  liked banking with them.  Nearly all my banking is online.  Rarely even step foot in the branch, other then putting in a deposit.  Even then on occasion I use their ATM. They haven't bothered me since.  This was a year ago. 

Honored Contributor

Our bank hasn't called to check on us but State Farm has, and I know it's them as I have them in my phone book & they show up on called ID.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Yes, they started doing that a few years ago. We have a large liquid account there and they are salivating to get their investment hands on it. We get letters with business cards from our "personal banker" (and that name keeps changing) and phone calls, too.

The places that used to be personal have become impersonal and vice versa. It's competition.

Honored Contributor

No..I don't want any more phone calls. I would ask them to discontinue the calls.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

No..I don't want any more phone calls. I would ask them to discontinue the calls.

@DREAMON,I so agree.  Like with Lenscrafters, even after I asked them to stop the calls, that we were well aware of when we got our eyes checked, they kept calling- I told them I was going to block them, and I did.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Calling on a regular basis???  Sounds suspicious to me.

Honored Contributor

@happycat  Never, and if it did as often as yours does, I would tell them to stop.