Esteemed Contributor

Does your bank call you "just to check on you"?

I'm just curious here. My bank has started calling us about every week or so. They say, just to tell us they appreciate our business and see if we need anything. This is new to me.

We haven't come into a financial windfall or anything, its not like we have a million dollars stashed there.

Is this something new the banks are doing?

And when they ask if I need anything, well, what should I be needing? A loan is all I can come up with, and I don't need a loan. Is there anything else they could be doing for me that I am no aware of?

Honored Contributor

Re: Does your bank call you "just to check on you"?

[ Edited ]

Heck no. Thank goodness. Do not need that. Unless you like it, tell them to stop calling you.

Honored Contributor

No , i would faint!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

That sounds like a tad of overkill.  Actually, I can't remember the last time my bank called me.  

Honored Contributor

We never hear from our bank either.Maybe you have a large enough savings account that they are afraid to lose your business.

Honored Contributor

No, and I don't think I would like it at all.  I would find it annoying.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

No- and my first thought would be something is wrong ! 

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. It must be a new form of soft "cross-selling". When I had a summer job as a teller, we had specific hard "cross-sell" targets that we were expected to meet, as in, strong-arming (that's not what they called it but that's what it was) customers into signing up for other products or services. 

My bank has specific instructions that they are NOT to attempt to sell me anything. If I'm interested in other products, I'll ask. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Heavens no, but it's called customer appreciation.  

Honored Contributor

No but I did about a month ago get a phone call from my pharmacy checking on me and if I was ready for any refills for migraine med's. Had not been ill just calling.

I stopped a little over a year ago using big named stores and am now seeing a one "Mom & Pop" so to speak drug store in our city.   The personal touch as been so nice.

As far as the bank they are on the bottom floor of my building so we gossip together too much as it is when I run downstairs.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."