Honored Contributor

Re: Does your appetite change during hot weather?

I tend to eat lighter fare and less of it in the summer.  Even my dogs' appetites decrease when it's hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, I eat way more ice cream, soft serve is my favorite. I barely eat it during the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I eat lighter meals and have a distaste for meat in the summer but I do crave those very fattening cold drinks like Starbucks iced coffee

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know I could not eat turkey, mashed potatoes with grvy and stuffing when it's 90 degrees.

Our summer menus are lighter, not at all what you'd consider hardy.  Even desserts are lighter.

Honored Contributor

Our eating habits generally stay the same, altho we eat more fresh garden vegetables.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, both DH and I don't care to eat as much in summer. Plus, if we want dessert, it is a popsicle or ice cream sandwich. But when fall rolls around, my DH looks forward to things like apple pie to finish off a meal.

Respected Contributor

It is nice to see so many replies, I don't usually start topics.  

DH and I routinely only eat twice a day since retirement.  We don't have to get up at 5 am any longer, so breakfast is much later and we usually eat dinner at 4:30 pm.  We also grill much more in summer and our sides are fresh veggies or salads.  Unless we are doing sandwichs I also notice we cut back big on bread.  Fresh fruit is a given in the summer, how I miss it so in the winter.

Esteemed Contributor

I crave melons, juicy fruit, like peaches and plums, cukes and tomatoes. Oh and yellow squash. We eat a lot more fish, salads and a burger once in a while.