Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does watching QVC cause you to buy the item elsewhere?

If I see it on QVC & I like it I just buy it from QVC .... I know I can easily return it if I have to ... I don’t have the patience to shop around 🤪

Respected Contributor

I usually do, but really messed up purchasing a Bethlehem Lights "As Is" wreath - 26" pre lit, color changing wreath. I got all excited about the as is price of $45. 

Lowes has the identical wreath, very nearly word by word description by GE, FREE shipping, ----- $26 and new!!!!  UGH!!

QVC is quickly becoming a thing of the past for me. 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes.  Although the Q's kitchen sales people speak to me. LOL

Honored Contributor

I actually don't watch much at all any more.  I do look at the website a lot but I seldom purchase.  I see a lot of nice things but mostly what I like is too high.  I get ideas for gifts, etc. though.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Sometimes if I see something I check elsewhere and usually get a better price. I dont watch much at all though, of any shopping channel.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@2Kittys wrote:

This happens to me often: I'll see something on TV that really catches my interest. I think I can get it better, for less someplace else. I'll do a search, and there it is, and for cheaper! Today, I saw a 3-step ladder on TV for $79.98. I found a 4-step ladder, with safety side handle bars on "black friday sale" for $71.96 and free shipping. I just had to order it! It will be here on 12-01. Can't wait!

I always price check. It's pretty rare that Q has the lowest price.  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes.  If I see an item I want on QVC, I check around for a better price.  Same for HSN.  They recently had a Shark vaccuum I wanted.  I checked around and found the exact same vaccuum at my local Walmart $20 cheaper with parking lot pickup.  So I placed the order on Walmart, then drove over to the store.  I parked and a Walmart employee delivered it to my trunk.   I was back home in 15 minutes.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely.  I've often said this -- QVC Is often a great jumping off point for my competitive shopping.  

I'll see something here and look at four or five of my favorite retail sites to either find the same thing with free shipping, or something that suits me even better at a better price (it's usually the latter). 

Examples of much better deals I've found at varying sites: NYDJ jeans and tops, Fly London shoes , various name brands of fashion sneakers and other shoes, Le Creuset, Christmas gift bags (I never liked those Kringle Express designs), air fryer, etc.

Honored Contributor

All the time and have for years. I can usually find the same thing or close to it for less and with free shipping and returns.

Honored Contributor

No.   I shop with QVC, I don't watch QVC for entertainment or just for the sake of watching it.   If I see something that i like and want, it doesn't occur to me look around for the same item elsewhere online or run from store to store.  As long as the QVC price works for me, I don't care if i can save $5 or $7 somewhere else.  The convenience of having things delivered to my door is what matters most to me and shopping with a retailer I have faith in.