Honored Contributor

Re: Does watching QVC cause you to buy the item elsewhere?

I ran a check just yesterday on First Aid Creme when I saw Sephora had a sale price. Theirs priced at $2.33 an ounce.  I have a QVC AD order coming in January at $1.33 an ounce.  Sticking with QVC on this one.

Esteemed Contributor

When the price is better elsewhere.

Dang! I bought a FrostGuard for DS. He needs the XL size for his truck. Shold have bought it from FG's site. Oh well, at least I got 10% back on Rakuten. Too late to cancel.

The As Is Comfy Dream Lites were the best price here. When QVC has Free Shipping it helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely buy anything without checking to see where I can get the best deal. 

Today I got an email from Earth Shoes about their big sale--25 to 60% off--awesome! I found a pair of shoes I liked and, as always, did a search to see if they were cheaper elsewhere. And, to my surprise, I found them cheaper by $25.50 right here on QVC. Even if the worst happened and they have to be returned I will still come ahead ordering them here. 

QVC, Earth, Walmart, Nordstrom, HSN, Macy's...doesn't matter to me where they come from as long as the price is right.

Respected Contributor

The Keurig that Q is offering, the latest model, is on sale at Costco for $50 less plus with the Costco box you get a filter, not so at Q although Q has more K-cups with their offer.  Costco is by far the better deal.

Honored Contributor

QVC doesn't really make sense as a business anymore. They have so much overhead running a TV station, I don't see how they can ever have the lowest price on anything. Even with all their buying power.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

We have YouTube TV and no longer have QVC, so can't watch it.  But yes, in the past I've seen something interesting and will search to find it less expensive elsewhere.  

You can watch QVC live by streaming it on regular Youtube. Not that you'd want to. But you can.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's the ladder I bought...ladder.jpg

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy from QVC unless it is the only place something is available. They are always the highest price for anything I find. My biggest issue though is not the price, it is the short 30 day return policy. Unless you don’t mind losing money, it is a huge risk to buy appliances and electronics. Zero follow-through on defects or items that stop working on the 31st day...so you are out of luck. I speak from experience.
Honored Contributor

Yes, often, but mainly with items I don't feel comfortable purchasing from a shopping channel.    

Honored Contributor

Only if I find a better deal and/or free shipping elsewhere.  Oftentimes, I'll order directly from the vendor's website during sales.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.