Super Contributor

Re: Does this seem like a fair price for this handbag?

A purse for $29,999.00 Lets say $30,000 well, I hope if I had the money I would never in my heart pay that for a handbag........I hope that I would give that money to others........how nice to pass out 30 $1,000 cash gifts.................to random people on the street and walking up to their doors.......oh I would love to be able to do that.

Honored Contributor

There used to be a FIVE YEAR WAITING PERIOD for these bags .... yes, really. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

As for this "used" bag, $29,000 is totally ridiculous .....

I would pay $24,000 ... and not a penny more! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor

Do people Really spend $30,000 sight unseen, on a handbag, in fair condition, on eBay?

If I had that kind of disposable income, I'd hope I'd use a little better judgementWink

I guess if you're a Hermes expert and you really trust ebay, it's a great deal? Since Hermes isn't in the budget, an expert I'm not.

Personally, I don't care for that bag, even if it were in perfect condition.

Honored Contributor

Part of the "experience" when getting this is walking out of the store showing the world of your purchase, right? Can't get that with mail order. With Hermes, you probably have valet parking, champagne while you shop...all sorta of perks in the store.

That's why I could never understand why Q buyers would buy $$ purses...the same price as the store...to have that purchase packed in a brown box & thrown up on your dusty doorstep.

Back in the day, I had as much fun carrying the Coach STORE bag (for my work lunch) as I did the actual Coach leather bag...! Having the sales staff fuss over you w/ your purchase...just more of an "experience" than dialing an 1-800 #..or buying on eBay.

Super Contributor

Sidsmom I agree.................

Frequent Contributor

On 9/14/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 9/13/2014 deepwaterdotter said:
On 9/13/2014 circles said:

does this line of handbags really go for that kind of price??? what makes them so costly..???

It does. There is a mystique around the quality and scarcity of this bag.

I remember there was a Secks In The City episode about a Berkin! Yep there IS a mystique about it Smiley Happy

I remember that episode well.

The Samantha character craved the bag and the only way she could get it was to tell the store it was for her client, Lucy Liu.

Honored Contributor

That bag is hideous. But I'm not an ostrich skin fan.

Honored Contributor

Guess I should have tarried a bit longer in the shop when purchasing my Coach Bags. I always felt like I was just going in to buy a bag. And I still have a stack of their shopping bags. I used one last year to carry my dinner rolls to my brother's house at Thanksgiving.