Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does this PayPal invoice look real to you? Need some help, please.

NO. Not real.  Fake, fraud just to get you to respond.  Happens all the time.  You can send it to Paypal.  Phishing@paypal.com

They appreciate getting these.  Heck I send them two or three a month.  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have been with paypal since 2005 and have never seen PayPal LLC.  I called them once due to a supspicous email and they had not sent it to me.  The name in the email had one upper case P and one lower case p.  It was not them.

@beckyb1012 @Are the names of real sellers listed on real invoices? Do these phony invoices look anything like real PayPal invoices?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D The large company I work for has a service where we can forward e-mails to be checked out.  It came back as a Phishing Scam E-mail which I was positive it would.

I do have a paypal account that I set up years ago but have never used it.  I logged in but there was nothing there pertaining to this e-mail (and I knew there wouldn't be anyway).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I get this email about once a month. Completely fake. Just block and delete.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@Mindy D The large company I work for has a service where we can forward e-mails to be checked out.  It came back as a Phishing Scam E-mail which I was positive it would.

I do have a paypal account that I set up years ago but have never used it.  I logged in but there was nothing there pertaining to this e-mail (and I knew there wouldn't be anyway).

@shoptilyadropagain @Thank you so much.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have been with paypal since 2005 and have never seen PayPal LLC.  I called them once due to a supspicous email and they had not sent it to me.  The name in the email had one upper case P and one lower case p.  It was not them.

@beckyb1012 @Are the names of real sellers listed on real invoices? Do these phony invoices look anything like real PayPal invoices?

I have never had an invoice from a seller.  I just buy the item then email receipt comes immediately.  I did just a minute ago open a $5.00 discount from PayPal to a store I shop at often.  I have received and used many of those.  The PayPal coupon looks nothing like your PayPal LLC.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

NO. Not real.  Fake, fraud just to get you to respond.  Happens all the time.  You can send it to Paypal.  Phishing@paypal.com

They appreciate getting these.  Heck I send them two or three a month.  

@bonnielu @I did this. Thank you for your help.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   SCAM

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Hi. I have a PayPal account that I have never used or might have used at least fifteen years ago. I received two invoices that are probably not from PayPal because there's a capitalization error, PayPal in not an LLC and I am not addressed by my full name within the body of the invoices and no seller is named. I have forwarded copies to PayPal's spoofing email. I read that anyone can have PayPal send invoice bills and that I might need to go to my PayPal and deny payment to the invoices if they are there. I have no idea where my login is for them, so it will be a hassle to check. I don't even know how to use the website. I am thinking that if the invoices were sent from PayPal, then they would

not have so many errors. Should I go through all the hassle of trying to see if any invoices are there in my account? Is this what a real invoice looks like from PayPal? If you have one, could you please compare with this and take a look and let me know. Thanks.

spam

login to your paypal and change your password using a password generator to make it totally random.

if you can remove all yr banking info do that too

stop and think why would anyone be sending you a Paypal invoice

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use my PayPal account often.  I pay my bill online, but still get paper invoices.  PayPal does not e-mail invoices.  

You get an e-/mail telling you your payment is due.  You have to go to their website to view the invoice and if you didn't opt out, you will get a paper bill.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that your invoice is fake. That is not what it should look like. It's not even close. Your entire name should be there...

The real PayPal sends me e-mails telling me to be aware of fake bills and also fake e-mails.

I get an e-mail every time I make a transaction....Sometimes I get fake transition e-mails. I never check PayPal through the e-mail, I go into the site by typing the address.

I get the same from Bank of America...they are all fake because I do not have an account with them.

B7FD8616-7264-4BEA-BC45-625715A3EB27.jpeg