QVC Customer Care

Re: Does the constant bad news

This post has been removed by QVC because it political.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Until recently, I kept up on all the news.  In the past two years, I have my tv set on the classical music channel so that when I get up in the morning, I am not starting my day with bad news.  I get so tired of too many people making excuses and no one taking personal responsibility for their own behavior.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Who would watch the news, and especially the weather report if you had someone who looked like  Grandma  in front of the camera?   Sex sells.  And, it is good for their tv rating.

Or don’t watch any news on tv, and just watch the home shopping networks all day.

Some people believe ignorance is bliss.  Are you one of those people?.

Esteemed Contributor

24/7 news is overkill. Barely watch local news, just enough for highlights and weather. Watch select national news programs but less often. On Sundays I record kinder, gentler shows like Today With Willie Geist show and CBS Sunday morning. Stopped watching entertainment 'news' programs. Lost interest. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bad news saddens me, but does not deter me from watching the news and reading the papers.  I do think we need to start figuring out why America's youth want to do so much harm to each other - from bullying to murdering.  And despite what many think,imho, the issue goes much deeper than guns.  Why do they want to go to school and annihilate their classmates?  I think we really need to figure out the root cause(s), and sooner rather than later.

Lastly, we need to get serious about mental illness.  We cannot continue to allow folks to live amongst us, not taking meds, putting innocent lives in serious danger.  Another issue we've turned a blind eye to for far too long.  We need solutions that work for ALL of us.

Honored Contributor

No it doesn't bother me in the least, life isn't always rainbows and roses as my grandmother used to say, lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YES it does get to me. I dont watch the news and only look to see the weather. But of course you cant avoid it when you see and hear the news on phones, online, radio etc. But I do try and avoid the bad since there is too much of it. Too much bad news can cause stress and depression and I just cant watch.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

@wonderfulworld

That's what I did months ago.  I stopped watching the news.  Constant bad news, it's depressing.  I only watch the weather I have that timed to a science of when it comes on.  LOL. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What got me to stop watching the news wasn't just the bad news itself, but the video feeds that would accompany the bad news.  No one needs to watch a person getting shot or hit by a car (the second before it happens - they will freeze frame before you actually see the horror). 

Then the mass shootings.  All of the talk about gun control that follows.  People rallying for change.  Let's be real people - there will NEVER be gun control.  Guns are easily obtained on the streets.  That will never stop.