Honored Contributor

Re: Does the constant bad news

Yes, it does.  I think it's important to be informed and know what is going on in your neighborhood and the world.  But, we are assaulted with bad news from every direction and a lot of the same stuff over and over again.  I can only take so much.  That's why I like comedy shows.  I need something light-hearted, silly and even off-the-wall -- something to just lift the mood and make the heart lighter.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I watch the news for 15 min in the morning and 15 min at night....most days....

Then I turn on some Vintage TV shows and relax.......

I HAD to....my blood pressure was up...

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I just have to walk away from news.   I'm  more upset about political things, animal abuse, and mass killings than anything.  I need to know about them to stay informed but sometimes I just can't watch news reports over and over and over.

Honored Contributor

I no longer watch any news.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I watch local news, which usually isn't local, but a major city kinda far away.  Locally, it's not bad news.

For world news, I skip the first 5-10 mins anymore because it's usually a *non* story that just keeps going round and round and ends up no where.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i find it is better to read the news than to watch it.  tv news highlights the sensational  and goes headline deep.when you read, you get a better cross-section of what is going on - including positive stories, stories about progress in certain areas, some entertainment, more detail.  balance is important.

Which is why I still get my newspaper delivered every day!

@Mz iMac@ms traditional

So do I ... get the Chicago Tribune delivered seven days a week.  There's nothing like having my morning cup of coffee in my easy chair by the window,  with the sun pouring in (sometimes) ... and classical music on the radio (no iPod, etc). 

Don't have to listen to someone "analyze" every little thing, or reporters standing out in front of a hospital, or weather "girls" in tight, sleeveless dresses and 5" heels, flashing her arms across a map ...

Trusted Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

i find it is better to read the news than to watch it.  tv news highlights the sensational  and goes headline deep.when you read, you get a better cross-section of what is going on - including positive stories, stories about progress in certain areas, some entertainment, more detail.  balance is important.

Which is why I still get my newspaper delivered every day!

@Mz iMac@ms traditional

So do I ... get the Chicago Tribune delivered seven days a week.  There's nothing like having my morning cup of coffee in my easy chair by the window,  with the sun pouring in (sometimes) ... and classical music on the radio (no iPod, etc). 

Don't have to listen to someone "analyze" every little thing, or reporters standing out in front of a hospital, or weather "girls" in tight, sleeveless dresses and 5" heels, flashing her arms across a map ...

Yes, the outfits these so called "news" women wear are more appropriate for evenings going out clubbing with the girlfriends than being on daytime TV.  You forgot to mention the low-cut, cleavage revealing dresses. In the middle of winter too.  It's just so weird to me.

I know I sound like a old fuddy duddy, which I guess I am becoming, but that kind of look is great for evening or the beach but I really don't want to see it with my morning news and weather.

Respected Contributor

to answer the question, No, I am numb to it...the only "news" that gets to me is if is about an animal....

Honored Contributor

I watch the news because I need to stay informed. I have never watched cable news because I find it very opinion oriented. The constant bad news I try and filter out.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes.  It’s full of bad news.

You should be very careful when you go out of your house.  There are so many mentally ill people, murderers, and rapists,  walking around who could go off at any time and place, and kill you.  

For your safety, better to stay at home all day and night.  Just have your groceries delivered to you.