Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does packaging influence your buying habits?

I'm actually turned off by the fancy packaging because it ultimately increases the price of the item.  I'm more concerned about what's inside the package than the package itself.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Actually often times it prevents me from buying a product!

I am a recycle Queen, and if the package is not partially or all recyclable, I probably will not buy it, also if a company uses over the top packaging to lure me to their product,  I just pass on it, IMO if a company has to offer imagery for their product what are they trying to hide?

Me too, especially if it's in one of those plastic packages that can cause serious cuts when trying to open it to get whatever out.

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

image.pngI got "angry" recently when somebody said he was NOT really a captain. Yes he is!Smiley LOL

All I care about is whether he has Crunchberries😉

Honored Contributor

There are some things I refuse to buy because of the packaging - like the organic veggies that come in huge plastic boxes.

QVC sells the Scrub Daddy sponges that I use regulary. I won't buy them from QVC because every sponge is packed in its own box.  That's environmentally disrespectful in my opinion.

However, I admit to buying Log Cabin syrup because I've always been intrigued by the container - or Mrs. Butterworth's.  Silly, I know, but I do it.  I also like honey that comes in a bear shaped bottle.  DH always said I was a cheap date... I guess he's right!

~ house cat ~