Honored Contributor

Re: Does it influence you when a vendor talks about celebrities using their products?

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"OK - so you want me to spend around $80 for a bag you gave to celebrities free of charge to promote your brand?" ~ @beach-mom 

I have no problem with companies that give away their products to promote and endorse their brand. It's much less expensive than many other forms of advertising. It's why cosmetic companies send out pr packages to beauty influencers. It's actually saves them $ in the long run.

I really don't have either but to make it sound as tho they bought it bugs me a bit, see my post above 

Respected Contributor

Re: Does it influence you when a vendor talks about celebrities using their products?

No, I couldn't possibly care less who uses a product or service that I may be interested in. If anything, it would make me reconsider my decision. If they can't sell it based on it's merits alone and have to resort to celebrity endorsements or name dropping as a sales tactic, is it something I really want to spend my money on?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

It absolutely does not move the needle either way for me.  It's free enterprise.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

No

Respected Contributor

Not at all.

Respected Contributor

Not in the least.

Esteemed Contributor

NO

Respected Contributor

It used to but not anymore. Remember when Mally first came on with her makeup, and she'd always talk about  "all my celebrity clients".  I tried a lot of her products but found them to be no better than any other brand out there.

Respected Contributor

It neither influences nor bothers me. I’m focused on the qualities of the product itself.

For a glimpse into the Hollywood celebrity free gift world, watch The Sopranos episode “Luxury Lounge” (Season 6, Episode 7).  Some funny moments as only The Sopranos could do it.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes, if I like the person.  If I don't like the person, it might backfire.