Honored Contributor

Re: Does it influence you when a vendor talks about celebrities using their products?

[ Edited ]

Using movie and TV celebrities, sports stars and singers do help sell.  Younger folks worship them.  I guess they figure the product must be exceptional if so and so endorses it.  

Many companies use them.  QVC has used its share of celebrities in the past.  Looks like most didn't work out very well.

No, they never influenced me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does it influence you when a vendor talks about celebrities using their products?

"OK - so you want me to spend around $80 for a bag you gave to celebrities free of charge to promote your brand?" ~ @beach-mom 

I have no problem with companies that give away their products to promote and endorse their brand. It's much less expensive than many other forms of advertising. It's why cosmetic companies send out pr packages to beauty influencers. It's actually saves them $ in the long run.

Respected Contributor

No, celebrities actually turn me off.
Respected Contributor

It makes me not want to buy the product. So it's a sales tactic that, for me, fails.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

Nope, he!! no!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I don't know how many celebrities actually use Lug bags.  It doesn't really matter to me.  

They're great travel bags.  That should be how they sell the product - not because they were a giveaway in a swag bag.  

Regular Contributor

Yes, it does.  I immediately decide not to buy that product.

Trusted Contributor

No, it doesn't influence me because celebrities normally receive merchandise for free in exchange for displaying it (say, using a handbag) or mentioning it on social media.  

Honored Contributor

Nope, I could careless who uses it or wears it.  In fact I am just stubborn enough not to buy it because of that.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

no,  and now most "celebs" get sent all that stuff, so to think they are buying it naive at best.

Ami Lugs SAG awards prime example of QVC using this kind of event/person that happened in the past to promote the stuff

chances are LUG gave it away to promote their brand