Respected Contributor

Re: Does it bother you to be alone or do you value solitude?

Being alone has never bothered me. I prefer to have my pets with me but I don't need to have another human in the house.

Frequent Contributor

I enjoy being alone,I recharge and get centered when alone.I can be social but too much time spent with other's can be very tiring to me. There was a time in my life when I had to interact with other's but now I can choose,I value solitude. I'm not anti-social,I enjoy the company of other's but I must have time alone. I learned very early in life to enjoy my time alone without feeling lonely.  

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy my solitude whenever I have some!   I of course enjoy my husband and children and grandchildren but when I am alone is when I truely relax!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am getting used to being alone, since this is my new chapter in life. I am adjusting and enjoying it. 

Respected Contributor

I'm half and half.  I do not mind being alone at all, but I also enjoy being around others (most if the time).

Honored Contributor

I enjoy time alone.  That being said, I hope alone time never becomes the norm for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being alone is like being in a sanctuary.  I just love it.  I think I always have.  Thanks, @minkbunny , for starting this thread.

All of a sudden I feel like getting us all together for lunch!  Is that odd?

Edited to add:  I take it back.  It's not odd.  I'd love to spend lunchtime with you all, but then I'm going home to rest and recharge and be alone again!!  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I love my alone time. My car is where I get a chance to be alone.  I let it go ... music, bad words, silly stuff.  It's my time and I can do as I please.  When I was alone, I did the same, plus I had time to read, craft, etc.  Alone can be good when you know how to use it.  Will I want to be alone again?  No, but we make it work.  I want to make it work and pray I do.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Being alone is like being in a sanctuary.  I just love it.  I think I always have.  Thanks, @minkbunny , for starting this thread.

All of a sudden I feel like getting us all together for lunch!  Is that odd?

Edited to add:  I take it back.  It's not odd.  I'd love to spend lunchtime with you all, but then I'm going home to rest and recharge and be alone again!!  

Not odd at all.  I would love to get together with everybody on this board and I am sure we would all find common ground.

You are welcome,  I thought I would try to start a few threads today as I go back to work tomorrow and will probably only be able to read.

Thanks to you for your reply. Heart

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies,  I have read and enjoyed them all. Heart