Honored Contributor

Re: Does it bother you if someone dislikes you

It bothers me alot, wish it didn't.  

Honored Contributor

I must say I am surprised and saddened by some of the answers here. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I'm not one who is so insecure that I need validation from lots of people, so most of the time, I couldn't care less if someone dislikes me.  I only care if that person really, really means a lot to me.

I agree...it wouldn't bother me unless like you said it was someone i

really cared about and i was unsure about the reason

Esteemed Contributor

Not. At. All.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

@hckynut wrote:

@HJubilant wrote:

As a young woman just graduated from high school I was somewhat naive.  I thought if I was nice to everyone and liked everyone, everyone would like and be nice to me. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. I won't go into any details..... but the next few years were to be very painful.  Anyway, I survived but I had a very different point of view after those years.  I probably should be thankful I Iearned it early on.....painful as it was.

@jubilant

Sounds similar to my very young years. Fortunately I learned before High School. Got a good education in real life at age 12 when working as a carhop at a drive-in restaurant. Air Force guys taught me a whole lot about life, and I never forgot.

Mine had nothing to do with relationships. I was too busy working and then Auto Racing after I turned 16. Between working and Racing I wasn't interested in any relationships?

Had some painful times as a fat kid in high school till I was 16, and was no longer fat. Kids and even teachers had some things I found it hard to believe coming from a teacher in front of the whole class. 

"You would be a nice looking boy if you weren't so fat". Yep, from an English teacher and that is something I will never forget.

hckynut(john)

********  What a cruel thing for a teacher to say. I had an English teacher that had it in for the African American students.  I couldn't stand that woman.  She was the only teacher I ever had that I thought very little of. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my younger days yes. Now that I am older I could care less if someone likes me or not.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I would prefer to be liked by everyone, but sometime there are people who for some reason instantly will not like you. It could be they don't like your looks, what you do for a living, who your parents are, your religious affillation, anything.This really isn't a concern for me unless the person can affect me in some way. I once worked with two women who did not like me and made my working situation very uncomfortable, I quit that job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's human nature for most women to want to be liked.  Women are often pleasers.  I'm in sales, and most salespeople want to be liked.  I try my best to be kind to all of the people I interact with on a daily basis, but if someone doesn't like me....it's usually their problem and not mine.  I truly don't care that much as long as I know I was kind and respectful. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I would prefer to be liked by everyone, but sometime there are people who for some reason instantly will not like you. It could be they don't like your looks, what you do for a living, who your parents are, your religious affillation, anything.This really isn't a concern for me unless the person can affect me in some way. I once worked with two women who did not like me and made my working situation very uncomfortable, I quit that job.

Some people are just jealous and hate their lives.  They want others to be miserable too.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Nope. Their loss of a potential great friend.