Honored Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Carmie and @BirkiLady  I know what you mean.  When I got a divorce, I went to the bank we dealt with for a loan for a smaller house.  And the banker (who was a personal friend of ours for years) had the nerve to ask me to get my ex-husband to co-sign!  I read him the riot act - I think he was afraid I was going to come over the desk after him!  Needless to say, I got the loan without a co-signer.

That is unbelievable.  I am glad you spoke up and put him in his place. Having your Ex co-sign would be a legal nightmare.  What a stupid banker.

When My DH and I buy something big, like a car or house.  I am the negotiator.  My DH just sits there.  When we built our home, I am the one who applied for the permits and did the legwork.  Most of our utilities in the home are under my name only. 

I also buy my own car.  My DH only goes when I am ready to do the paperwork.  I like to have all of our vehicles under both names so he has to sign.  My name is first on the title.

When someone asks him a question, he says " talk to my wife" she handles that.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Normally, no; I’m not a fearful person. I’m a rock in a crisis.

But if someone drew a gun on me or if a bear started chasing me, yes, those things would make me uncomfortable. And fearful! 

Esteemed Contributor

@HouseMouse wrote:

tunnels

isolated areas

heights

elevators

strangers standing way too close to me in public

bridges

fear of death

doctors and dentists

spiders

snakes

creepy crawlies

dark places

deep water

crowds

people yelling and fighting

driving and walking on ice

You have way too many things that make you uncomfortable or fear, ever consider hypnosis to help you live more comfortably? Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I cannot tolerate large crowds, I stopped going to our regional Fairs because of the overwhelming crowds. I also have a nose like a dog and cannot tolerate chemical, smoke or stinky people smells.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@qualitygal

Good subject.

- driving on highways (esp) in MA - so many accidents & now we have the additional "recreational marijuana" laws in effect to worry about.  That's all we need to contribute to the careless drivers.  So, much of the time we travel on the back roads to try to avoid them.  I know, no guarantees but less people on them.

- power outages during bad storms.  We've had it happen & it's not fun.  I know there're many out there that have experienced that & worse.

- anxiety (take meds for it) 

@ScenicMaine'Also, people are now texting while driving!!!  I see it all the time.  When a car is weaving all over the road, you know they're probably looking down and texting! 

Esteemed Contributor

I do not like...

Winding mountain roads

Heights

Bridges...I will tolerate the inside lane, stay away from the outside lane.

Flying

Speeding cars

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

@fortune

I see all the weaving as well.  That's what I meant  when I said adding to the careless drivers.  I hate to say it, but adults are just as guilty as the younger drivers.  You would think they'd know better & be more caucious .  Not setting a good example for the younger drivers.  So, now, there's:  speeding, drinking, texting, cell phone use, recreational marijuana, wrong way drivers - just makes you wonder how much else will contribue to making the roads unsafe?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScenicMaine wrote:

@fortune

I see all the weaving as well.  That's what I meant  when I said adding to the careless drivers.  I hate to say it, but adults are just as guilty as the younger drivers.  You would think they'd know better & be more caucious .  Not setting a good example for the younger drivers.  So, now, there's:  speeding, drinking, texting, cell phone use, recreational marijuana, wrong way drivers - just makes you wonder how much else will contribue to making the roads unsafe?

@ScenicMaine

Maybe horse-drawn carriages going the wrong way on a one-way highway!!!

Trusted Contributor

@fortune

It's funny you mention the horse & buggies.  I've often said we should go back to the horse & buggy days.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I am uncomfortable with long tunnels.

I do not like to be in isolated areas - give me crowds where there are witnesses!

Parking structures (I think that is because so many crimes are depicted in movies and on TV in parking structures).