Respected Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

1.  Height

2. People I do not trust!

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Driving a car in Maryland in Montgomery County.   

@Blingqueen023  I agree on the car driving part; I have lived in MoCo for 71 years, it used to be safe but no more!

Respected Contributor

@Graciesmom wrote:

@Mersha ... I’m in PG ...  I have to admit those “S” curves seem like the Daytona 500 ...  don’t enjoy those either ... but the roads by Tysons Corner are no easy drive  !!  I DONT like the Bay Bridge and heights.  My biggest fear is I’m on top of a tall building with no railings or walls ... and I don’t like alligators ...  so I guess my greatest fear is crawling on the top of a building covered in alligators ...  ugh ... I’m gonna watch a movie ...  BUT nothing keeps me from doing what I need to ...  thank you Jesus !! 

@Graciesmom  Hello my neighbor!!  Oh, that Bay Bridge is another one that will scare me to death....I hate it.  There seems to be so little between the car and water.  The worst is when you are stuck there during a busy time with an accident or broken down vehicle.

I have seen people do things driving on the Beltway that you cannot believe.  Yes, those "S" curves....ugh!  I am always afraid trucks hauling things will have something fall off the back and land in the highway.  I have seen that way too many times.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Several things that have already been mentioned make me uncomfortable and downright fearful. One that I can't shake is my fear of drowning. I can't swim so that makes it worse. Next year I will be traveling to Australia for vacation and the thought of that long flight over all of that water is starting to put me on edge. I am a person that travels frequently, so it's not the plane ride. It's the thought of the plane crashing into the ocean. I am convinced that for the first time in my life before my trip I will have to visit the doctor for some sot of anxiety medication. 

@icezeus    Since you have a year until your trip, go to the YWCA  or a local gym that has a pool  and take some swim lessons for adults.... it would be good for you. They probably have both priviate and group classes.  It would be a wonderful thing to accomplish and would make your fear of drowning and flying over the ocean less tramatic for you I would think. 

I was very forturate as a child that my parents made me take swim lessons as a very young child. I grew up after that swimming my entire life in the lake by my home in the summer.   I never realized that people did not know how to swim until I had a girlfriend in school who told me she could not swim.  I just thought everyone could swim.  

@SeaMaiden

Thank you for the helpful advice. One of my good GF's has suggested this to me in the past but I never seem to make time. Perhaps, i will look into it this summer. 

Honored Contributor

What i see on tv,that is going on in our world, people that i just can not understand at all,things really bother me  i can not except ,or understand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

diabetic pressure ulcers

being bitten by a snake

Water; can’t swim, and won’t cross long bridges over large bodies of it, nor go thru tunnels.   I have no interest in being on a cruise ship.   

Flying

I am uncomfortable with total darkness outdoors, especially when there’s no power.   I have 2 outside lights and my brother has 1, so our properties are usually well lit after dark.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Jamma wrote:

@judy0330 wrote:

Mice

Oh me too.

Me three.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Going to the doctor! Every time I do, there is a problem. 

Oh my.  My DH and I can totally relate to that too.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

Several things that have already been mentioned make me uncomfortable and downright fearful. One that I can't shake is my fear of drowning. I can't swim so that makes it worse. Next year I will be traveling to Australia for vacation and the thought of that long flight over all of that water is starting to put me on edge. I am a person that travels frequently, so it's not the plane ride. It's the thought of the plane crashing into the ocean. I am convinced that for the first time in my life before my trip I will have to visit the doctor for some sot of anxiety medication. 

@icezeus    Since you have a year until your trip, go to the YWCA  or a local gym that has a pool  and take some swim lessons for adults.... it would be good for you. They probably have both priviate and group classes.  It would be a wonderful thing to accomplish and would make your fear of drowning and flying over the ocean less tramatic for you I would think. 

I was very forturate as a child that my parents made me take swim lessons as a very young child. I grew up after that swimming my entire life in the lake by my home in the summer.   I never realized that people did not know how to swim until I had a girlfriend in school who told me she could not swim.  I just thought everyone could swim.  

@SeaMaiden

Thank you for the helpful advice. One of my good GF's has suggested this to me in the past but I never seem to make time. Perhaps, i will look into it this summer. 

@icezeus  You are welcome🙂  Swimming is a lot like riding a bike.....you start out feeling unsure of yourself....and the suddenly your body and mind just GETS IT....AND you will be floating and such without a thought!  It is like a switch turns on!  I hope you do this❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@Karie2022 wrote:

Unfortunately too many things...things that never bothered me before freak me out now.

dentist, flying, heights, driving, snakes, etc. 😂

You could have been writing about me...haha..............

Dentist 

Flying

Driving  Expressways - busy highways (not back roads

or quiet roadways)

Doctor appts.........often not positive results

Thunderstorms/Hurricanes

A Car accident 

Having to be dependent on others

Spiders

Pit Bulls/Bull Dogs, etc.  (not had good experiences)