Respected Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

Heights, bridges, and elevators

Esteemed Contributor

Several things that have already been mentioned make me uncomfortable and downright fearful. One that I can't shake is my fear of drowning. I can't swim so that makes it worse. Next year I will be traveling to Australia for vacation and the thought of that long flight over all of that water is starting to put me on edge. I am a person that travels frequently, so it's not the plane ride. It's the thought of the plane crashing into the ocean. I am convinced that for the first time in my life before my trip I will have to visit the doctor for some sot of anxiety medication. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

1.  HEIGHTS

2.  Although these roaches stay outside, in times of drought, or cold they like to sneak into houses...and these things can fly at you too....

download11.jpg

Related image

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Several things that have already been mentioned make me uncomfortable and downright fearful. One that I can't shake is my fear of drowning. I can't swim so that makes it worse. Next year I will be traveling to Australia for vacation and the thought of that long flight over all of that water is starting to put me on edge. I am a person that travels frequently, so it's not the plane ride. It's the thought of the plane crashing into the ocean. I am convinced that for the first time in my life before my trip I will have to visit the doctor for some sot of anxiety medication. 

@icezeus    Since you have a year until your trip, go to the YWCA  or a local gym that has a pool  and take some swim lessons for adults.... it would be good for you. They probably have both priviate and group classes.  It would be a wonderful thing to accomplish and would make your fear of drowning and flying over the ocean less tramatic for you I would think. 

I was very forturate as a child that my parents made me take swim lessons as a very young child. I grew up after that swimming my entire life in the lake by my home in the summer.   I never realized that people did not know how to swim until I had a girlfriend in school who told me she could not swim.  I just thought everyone could swim.  

Regular Contributor

being incapacitated physically, but not cognitively.  if i cant go when my body does, just let me not know it!

Respected Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

Driving a car in Maryland in Montgomery County.   

@Blingqueen023...  I am fine in Montgomery County (except for that darn Beltway).

DC is another story.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

Being alone around very weird acting people. They make me nervous and uneasy about what they may do next.

Regular Contributor

SNAKES....

Honored Contributor

Heights

anywhere that is crowded with people

Esteemed Contributor

Nothing actually causes real fear (so far).

The following make me uncomfortable:

1. people standing in "my immediate space"

2. people arguing in public places

3. overly aggressive or hard-sell salespeople; keep it to the facts 

4. Insurance people who don't realize I'm capable of making decisions myself!! Why would I need to "check with my son?" That comment has blown my mind and offended me a couple of times in the last few weeks!  Don't they realize my husband and I taught him the basics of everything he knows?? 

5. Three mice in our commons area a few years ago! I set traps and killed them before they found my yards. Smiley Very Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.