Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anything make you uncomfortable? Fear?

Yes, I think we all have things that make us uncomfortable and also our personal fears.

I got stuck in an elevator several years ago and, ever since, I always take the stairs wherever I go....When an elevator is necessary, I take a really deep breath and keep repeating personal mantras until that door opens and I'm free again...LOL

I don't like isolated areas and could never live where there are no other houses to be seen or be in any area whatsoever where there are no other people around....My husband tells me that I would have him, but I have told him that it wouldn't make me feel any better...LOL...I just like to know that there are other people near as it makes me feel more secure.

When my husband and I go away and stay in a hotel, I won't get a room any further up than the 3rd floor...I don't feel secure being too high up and far away from the main entrance....Also, I always have to sleep on the side of the bed that is near a window where I can see outside

All of the windows in our home have pleated shades and I never have them pulled all the way down...I feel very closed in, so they are always kept up and I have semi-sheer panels for privacy...Again, I like to see outside.

Okay, I must sound like a mess, so I think I will stop here!...LOL

Interesting Thread! Woman Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Alligators - just never want to be near one

Passive-Aggressive people

Conflict Avoiders

Deceptive folk

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mods

ROFL

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Being alone in my house at night.  I never realized how really afraid I was till DH had to be hopitalized in 2011.  Every little noise petrified me.  I had never been alone at night before that.  If he goes first, I guess I'll get a German Shepherd, Rottweiller, or Doberman!!!!!  

@jubilant...I would just get all three and maybe add a security guard outside and be done with it! Woman LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Being alone in my house at night.  I never realized how really afraid I was till DH had to be hopitalized in 2011.  Every little noise petrified me.  I had never been alone at night before that.  If he goes first, I guess I'll get a German Shepherd, Rottweiller, or Doberman!!!!!  

First thing you got to think about is especially in cold weather any house will expand and contract. pop, pop all night, then, the icemaker in your refrigerator will make periodic noises.

Back in 2017 I heard in Dec something make a bang sound (I watch to many dvd's so I"m always on full alert hhahahha) didn't want to get up so let it pass, then, again, louder this time, so, now I'm scared *******less so I get up walk into the living room and my ceiling about a 3x3 foot wide and long section has fell in and dripping water from the humidfier attached to the furnace in the attic !  

I'm talking wet insulation and dry wall hanging down in shards losing heat, etc. 1:30a.m. by the way. HUbbo slept thru it till I started

hollering OMG ! No more humidier in attic, bought a stand alone unit

Esteemed Contributor

expressways

icy roads

the unknown

confrontation

Esteemed Contributor

Going to the doctor! Every time I do, there is a problem. 

Respected Contributor

Two come to mind - snakes and heights. 

Honored Contributor

Heights

Respected Contributor

Snakes. 

Spiders don't bother me, but any snake at any size makes me cringe. 

......You look like I need a drink.....