Trusted Contributor

Does anyone watch Adam Ruins Everything?

I have learned a lot watching with my son.  About Malls, Outlets, Eyeglasses owned by basically one company...........so many things..........What have you learned that shocked you the most?  Mine was so far OUTLETS......they are not over stock from nice stores they are made for the Outlet Store, no wonder they don't last as long as the real clothes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone watch Adam Ruins Everything?

@DowntonAbbey

This sounds interesting. 

What day and network is the show on?

Trusted Contributor

Hello, it is on TRU TV and right now they are not showing this show but you can google him on YouTUBe and probably see it. My son however he does it saves the shows........he may download them and then use his computer to put them on his tv but he tells the truth about things we thought were right all along or real..........so going to an outlet store you are buying what was made for that outlet company......you are not getting a deal........the quality is low.......it is just another way to get people that don't have the money or want to spend the money on the quality things to think they are getting a deal............wow.......my son and I were shocked and we just looked at each other with our mouths open.  Giggles  STAY FABULOUS EVERYONE.

Esteemed Contributor

My son started watching that too, and I watched a few episodes with him.  I did know that outlet malls were just a scam.  I also knew that one company had a monopoly on eyeglasses.  Adam did not mention Walmart when talking about the glasses, so I wonder if they are different.  I will have to watch more shows to see what's up.  I am glad there are shows like this to expose what is really going on.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

The one episode that I liked (and I already knew) was that the advice on medical shows, is junk science.

No big surprise there.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw the one on elections and electoral college.  I wish I had DVRd it.  Scarey!

Great show!

Honored Contributor

This sounds like a great show. I had heard of it but thought it was about a jerk who ruins everything situation he's in. Lol. Can't wait to see what he finds out about the retail market. I had my suspicions about outlet malls!  Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

I didn't know this show existed! Sounds interesting. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Last night me and my son went to see him in person and he talked about all elections through the years and about the one today and it was so ineresting and he had all the facts. He is a great guy so nice and had his suit on..........we met him and my son had his picture taken with him.  I should have had mine also but so many people were in line that I did not want to take up his kind time.  He is so nice in person and they do find the truth and then after we left I told my son, WHY DID I NOT ASK HIM TO DO A SHOW ABOUT SKIN CREAMS........ugh   sigh............I was right with him and I forgot.  So watch the new shows coming up.  I can as long as I am here and then I will have to watch online..........I don't have cable any longer.........I will notice the effective financially October.  Excited to have food money.  lol  Stay Fabulous

Trusted Contributor

Funny when you thought a person does things to ruin things when the show EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS came on I thought and told my son HOW HORRIBLE no one likes that boy.  lol  Giggles