Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone use a password manager?

Looking for a password manager that isn't too hard to set up and use.  I know there are free managers but I'm afraid I'd get what I pay for with those. 

Do you use one? Which one? How hard? 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use a password manager?

@MamaWick. Yes, I use Google Password Manager.  It must have been pretty easy to set up because I did it.  It's been a long time ago but I don't recall any trauma.

I couldn't operate without it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

You need to sign up for a Google account. Once you do it comes with a password manager. If you just put Google in your search engine, it will walk you through the necessary steps. 

Respected Contributor

My iPhone has a built in password option. I also use a password book I purchased on Amazon for $6.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and auto-fill for some sites.  I don't have my banks, 401k, or credit card passwords saved. I have a security service that checks and notifies me of a breach.

Respected Contributor

I store all my passwords in my "NOTES" document in Word.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@MamaWick. Yes, I use Google Password Manager.  It must have been pretty easy to set up because I did it.  It's been a long time ago but I don't recall any trauma.

I couldn't operate without it.

@Kachina624     I use the one that's "built in" with Microsoft Edge.    I was recently perusing it....and actually laughed out loud at some of the corny passwords I had made up over the years...and had forgotten.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

One of the best passwords I've had in the past was my childhood telephone number, plus a letter or two.  

Respected Contributor

I'm the password manager, I write my passwords in an address book.

Valued Contributor

I use LastPass. I love the feature where it generates a suggested password based on random number/letter/symbol combinations. It uses a master password and two step verification.