Trusted Contributor

Does anyone suffer from restless legs and what do you do about it?

Sometimes klonopin helps me.  They are bad tonight.

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone suffer from restless legs and what do you do about it?

Magnesium helps me if I take it every day. 400 mg

Trusted Contributor

I will get some thank you.

Respected Contributor

Andrew Lessman's Circulation & Vein Support for Healthy Legs helps me.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Esteemed Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Sometimes klonopin helps me.  They are bad tonight.

My sympathy, @DowntonAbbey. I have them bad, but they come and go. I haven't had them for about six months now. I never know what causes them to come or go away.

I thought I would go crazy last time. I couldn't sleep all night. It was driving me nuts. Couldn't even sit still. I came right here and got advice from everybody and tried everything.

I don't know what made it go away. My conclusion is it has something to do with nerves and stress. I exercised almost to exhaustion.

Try all the suggestions, @DowntonAbbey. One may help you. I'm sorry, I can't help you, except to sympathize and hope restless legs stay away forever!

Respected Contributor

I have both restless arms and restless legs.  It only happens once every 2-3 months.  I take one Xanax and I'm asleep in less than 10 min.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Regular Contributor

My sister recommends using magnesium oil/ lotion. Her husband has successfully used to ease his back pain.  It also appears to  help with muscular aches and pains in the legs  . 

Respected Contributor

I found an over the counter homeopathic product called Restfull Legs that helps me a lot. They are very small tablets and I dissolve 4-5 under my tongue whenever my legs/arms act up. They have a slightly sweet taste, and work pretty fast--within 10 minutes or so. Used to be able to find them in the grocery store or Wal-mart, but now I order them from Wal-mart on line.

Valued Contributor

My doctor prescribed me Requip.  I even get restless legs during the day, so I take my Requip in the morning and evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if it was restless leg, but I would wake up many nights from severe calf cramps, so bad I couldn't put weight on my leg and I would cry out in pain. I did research on the web and Magnesium Malate was recommended. It has to be the magnesium with the Malate in it, got it inexpensively on Amazon. I haven't had one leg cramp since I've been using the MM, well over a year now.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop