Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone shave her face?

If you use copper peptide serums or creams on your face then you might experience more hair growing there. Copper peptides are known to promote hair growth and, in fact, are used in many hair growth products such as shampoos, conditioners and scalp treatment products.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I get a pack of the Korean razors from Amazon.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the great replies. And here I thought I'd discovered something new! LOL

Super Contributor

I started shaving my face and under my chin after I noticed a woman about my age who was seated on the patio of a restaurant.  The late afternoon sun was highlighting the "fuzz" growing on her face, and in particular, under her chin, giving her a glowing "beard" in profile. I was horrified and know she had no idea.  I started shaving right after that and mentioned it to a 30-something esthetician at the local department store brow bar.  She said, oh, yes, she had been shaving her whole face for years.  She probably did it so her makeup would look better, but ladies of a certain age have that peach fuzz.  I also monitor the hair in my nose and use my eyebrow scissors to clip that back once in a while.  Amazing how fast it grows!

Honored Contributor

I don’t shave, but epilate using my Braun.

Honored Contributor

Yes, i do ,and no i have no thick facial hair .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use Forever Free facial hair remover.

Anytime I've used a razor, I get horrible breakouts.

Honored Contributor

So for those of you that shave your face...do you shave from the chin up (against the grain so to speak) or top to bottom?  I would think you would shave from the chin up but not sure....

Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs  Shaving in a downward motion while holding the skin taut with the other hand is recommended, but I do whatever it takes, which includes sideways for some of those rascals.  

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't, but my hairdresser acts like she's hit the jackpot when I come in.  I let her use the electric razor on it.  (It's peach fuzz!)

I have never seen it as a problem.

Cogito ergo sum