Valued Contributor

Hello! I was watching UTube videos about the benefits of a person shaving her face and thought I'd give it a go. I used a brand new razor on a very clean, dry face. I was pleased with the results. Took off a lot of peach fuzz I didn't know I had, plus it didn't irritate my skin.I did use aloe gel after just in case. Just to let you know, this old face has seen a few decades!

I noticed right away how smooth my face felt. And here I thought I'd been exfoliating several times a week and that would be enough. No! I will definitely continue on a once a week regime. I would just use caution and not press too hard because these razors can be sharp. Perhaps check out the videos available on the subject first so you know what you're doing.

Just as a by-the-by: Men who shave regularly often have smoother skin than do women. My husband died at 80 and his skin was beautiful with very few wrinkles.

Cheers!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone shave her face?

I use the Personal Touch facial hair remover. Works well and my makeup goes on smoothly.

Respected Contributor

Yes I use a Ladies Panasonic Rechargeable Razor.....check the Beauty Forum for a post on shaving one’s face.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have very light blond hair, but I have peach fuzz on my face.....more noticeable when I have a tan.  I just use a regular old bic disposable.  I go over it very lightly.  Sometimes I do it dry if I see it when I am dressed, othertimes I do it in the shower.

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

Hello! I was watching UTube videos about the benefits of a person shaving her face and thought I'd give it a go. I used a brand new razor on a very clean, dry face. I was pleased with the results. Took off a lot of peach fuzz I didn't know I had, plus it didn't irritate my skin.I did use aloe gel after just in case. Just to let you know, this old face has seen a few decades!

I noticed right away how smooth my face felt. And here I thought I'd been exfoliating several times a week and that would be enough. No! I will definitely continue on a once a week regime. I would just use caution and not press too hard because these razors can be sharp. Perhaps check out the videos available on the subject first so you know what you're doing.

Just as a by-the-by: Men who shave regularly often have smoother skin than do women. My husband died at 80 and his skin was beautiful with very few wrinkles.

Cheers!

I do indeed, and have for years. all my 5 sisters had to to.  My Mom didn't,  but all the Aunts on my Dad's side, shaved, and of course used straight edge razors, and always had red chins. It's your gene's. No hair on legs for 20 years, go figure. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zitawins wrote:

Exfoliating is superficial. Men have thicker skin and a higher collagen density than women -- thus, less wrinkles.  Of course, smoking and sun exposure can do a number on anyone's skin. 

Honored Contributor

I do. The difference is amazing. I shave every Sunday.

Honored Contributor

I assumen OP is referring to shaving the face to remove dead skin, which brightens and softens and removes fine lines.  Or so they say.  They say traditional Japanese women have shaved their faces for years.  No, I don't do that.  I do have some facial hair, it's been a problem for me much of my adult life.  A few years ago, a friend suggested that I shave.  Omg!  I owe that woman a debt of gratitude.  I do it every 2-3 days when I feel it growing back.  Whisk if off with a ladie's razor and shaving cream.  A by product is that  the skin where I shave really is soft, supple and in great condition.   

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

Cheers!

@zitawins I have shaved my face for years with no problems whatsoever.  I shave two maybe three times a week.  I wear foundation most days and nothing looks worse than facial hair covered with makeup.  I use a razor especially made for women and I am very careful.  I've never had a mishap or incident.  The hair does not grow back dark and coarse.  As a matter of fact, it is just the opposite for me. 

Honored Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Exfoliating is superficial. Men have thicker skin and a higher collagen density than women -- thus, less wrinkles.  Of course, smoking and sun exposure can do a number on anyone's skin. 

This is true. Also the type of hair follicle for a man's beard and moustache is different than the vellus hair on the rest of their face and on a woman's entire face. Men have more terminal hair on their faces which means they have more scaffolding for their skin sturcture. Plus more facial terminal hair means more sebum glands to keep the whole thing moisturized.

But with more estrogen, we ladies get to have more facial fat. So there's that at least.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr