Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone miss Albany Irvin???

Who is that?

Contributor

I remember when she was on with the actor John Schneider selling Nutrisystem if I remember correctly.  She flirted with him so shamelessly.  You could tell how uncomfortable she was making him.  It was painful to watch and I had to turn the channel.  She was making a fool out of herself!   

Honored Contributor

When Albany was on QVC she made an outsized caricature of herself, for cryin' in a bucket.

But I watched her when she went to ShopHq selling beautiful Italian gold jewelry.  She changed her persona and was an absolutely wonderful brand rep for the line.  She was still humorous, but she left the uber-exaggerated Albany behind entirely.  She was lovely.

My bet is, she'll be good at JTV as well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I liked her "cash and prizes" quip - as in, "the neckline on this dress doesn't reveal the cash and prizes."

Valued Contributor

I don’t miss her, but I do wish her the best in life
Honored Contributor

oh God no !

Respected Contributor

She may be a lovely person, but her behavior with male vendors was really over the top. Embarrassing that she made some of them so uncomfortable.  Especially Liam, who is married to Stacey the blonde model.  No, I don’t miss her.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

But I watched her when she went to ShopHq selling beautiful Italian gold jewelry.  She changed her persona and was an absolutely wonderful brand rep for the line.  She was still humorous, but she left the uber-exaggerated Albany behind entirely.  She was lovely.

@Caaareful Shopper  - I read that she became more "professional" when she started selling Italian gold jewelry.  She lost the Southern accent and became more of a brunette.  She dropped the fun-loving persona from the Q.

I wonder if she'll have the Southern accent at JTV?

Super Contributor

Not really.

I remember watching her present the windshield cover you put on your car to protect it from ice. She said her husband got mad at her for something relating to that. Maybe she forgot to put it on the car once. The male vendor responded "Really? A pretty girl like you?" LOL!

Sometimes the male vendors flirted back.

Valued Contributor

Re: Does anyone miss Albany Irvin

I do remember her flirting days on the Q and especially with Liam, but she was not the only one that to flirt with Liam and some are still doing it and even one of the older host tries to act like a teenager when he is on with her big fake smile and shake but don't break it hips... which is so immature...but consider the source it natural for her.  I thought it was just me that looked like the hosts was flirting with Liam.  Poor Liam...but best of luck to Albany.