Trusted Contributor

Does anyone live in Sylva, NC?

A friend of mine who lives in TX has relatives that live in Sylva.  They are there right now visiting family, and she has been posting pictures of the town and surrouding country area.  I had never heard of Sylva, NC, but her pictures are so cozy and beautiful.  If I were her I wouldn't want to leave there.  It looks like a gorgeous place to live.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone live in Sylva, NC?

I'm not in Sylva but it is a neighboring town.  This entire area is "cozy and beautiul" and I don't ever want to leave here.  I"ve found my little piece of Heaven on earth.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp  I love North Carolina (saw Ravi Shankar a million years ago in Chapel Hill).  It is a lovely state, how are the house taxes?  We have been looking at homes in different areas and really attracted to NC.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd, in the far western counties property taxes are surprisingly reasonable as is the cost of housing.  Asheville itself is becoming somewhat expensive (for the region) but that county as a whole also remains reasonable.

I moved to this area from south Florida about 11 years ago and when my tax bill, homeowners insurance bill and even car insurance bill comes in I still instinctively think a mistake has been made because they are so much lower than what I lived with for so many years.

The coastal region and triangle area are more expensive than the western counties.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Sue98   I live in NC but not in the mountains. I have to say, we do have a pretty state. Beaches on the east,mountains in the west. I had a pretty good conversation with EBCG on here, she is from the mountains., lives near Hendersonville. Look back on the kitchen forum on about 6/21/18. Interesting conversation, she sounds very nice. My husband and I like to go to the Asheville area in October and drive along the blue ridge parkway, It is breathtaking.

Respected Contributor

Our daughter worked at UNC in Capel Hill ... when we were down with

her looking at houses to buy ... we are from New York .... we could not

believe how reasonable the taxes are ... in fact it was funny .. in New

York that is the first question you asked .... the Realtor gave us the

funniest looks ....as though why are you even asking .....

Love North Carolina .....