Regular Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@dooBdoo wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

With believable difficulty in logging in and functioning within this website since the "change," I have lost my stats, which includes my contributor rank.  I can now say with certaintly, since it must have occurred to others, that these contributor ranks have little, if no meaning, whatsoever, nor do the stand-in grey-type avatar: I've been male for a while now, since my avatar disappeared.

@sfnative, I posted on your thread in the Suggestion Box about the problem:

Thread: Now that I can finally log in again...

I added some notifications for several moderators to call attention to your plight, so with luck they'll see it and help you out.  Do you remember which moderator fixed the problem for you the last time?

@dooBdoo

Thank you for your concern.

This occurred over a protracted period of time.  I would receive an email from time to time with instructions, none of which worked. 

In the 90s, between positions in healthcare admin and prior to returing to the clinical side of things, I became the personal assistant to the CEO of a software development firm in Silicon Valley, so I'm not unaware of the level of care and excellence required to design and make a system work.  The one currently in place requires a major overhaul.

There will be no further effort on my part to contact anyone.  ChynnaBlue has been helpful in providing me little boosts through the avatar re-creation process, but I'm still having issues.  Will let this sit over night and not stew about it.  When created the first go-around, had no problem at all.

Many thanks for visiting with me, as I know you have expertise in the field.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chickenbuttHere you go.  I kept them so I'd know I'd reached the pinnacle when I became Exalted.

QVC Bulletin Board

Occasional Contributor
Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Regular Contributor
Super Contributor
Valued Contributor
Trusted Contributor
Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Honored Contributor
Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

Ranks are used to indicate the number, quality, and impact of your posts. As you spend more time in the community participating, your ranking level will progress.
The Community has a distinct set of ranking ladders which match your natural behavioral tendencies to either collect, contribute, or advise within the threads.

A community member starts as a “New Member” and depending on how often you visit and what you contribute will move through the following order.

@Kachina624 lol, from an esteemed one to the mightly Honored One... er, I think these three ranking levels are still somewhere out there in Fantasie Land: 

Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

-- just plain ol' bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Is anyone at exalted status?  LOL

Only in our own minds.

@Kachina624 just a question of mind over matter... 

If no one minds, then it doesn't matter. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 lol, from an esteemed one to the mightly Honored One... er, I think these three ranking levels are still somewhere out there in Fantasie Land: 

Outstanding Contributor
Acclaimed Contributor
Exalted Contributor

@bebe777.  I agree wholeheartedly.  I do love that they picked words that make everyone feel good about his/her status.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

The lower rungs on the ladder are determined purely by post count.  (Up through Super.)  Then at a certain point the Hearts kick in.  There is some kind of computer algorithm that determines it.  Not sure if there is a hearts to post ratio, or what, but when you trigger the right combination you rank up.  Humans aren't actually reading our posts and voting on whether or not we deserve the promotion.  I'm doubting that there is any simple explanation for what qualifies for the higher levels.  We have been asking for an explanation for over 3 months now, and have not received one, whch pretty much tells me there aren't absolutes.  I don't think anyone understands it except maybe the person that programmed the software.

My advice would be to just ignore the titles and go with the flow.  Post what you want.  Heart what you like.  The system will do it's thing.  It's not a freaking competition!

Hi @SHIRAZ , good to se you. Smiley Happy 

FYI, I just recently hit "Esteemed" status with about 2,200 hearts. When they initially put the system in in June, folks hit "Esteemed' status after about 600-800 hearts. Evidently too many folks were becoming "Esteemed" way too quickly, so someone in IT revised the ranking calculations. 

The day I became "Esteemed" was a bit of a downer... no one noticed, including me.

I'd like to thank the QVC Notification system for bringing this honor to my attention.

*humbly takes a virtual bow and wonders if she can't hear the cyber claps, does that mean that they weren't there...*

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Isn't there a "clueless contributor" ranking

@Ladybug724 I campaigned really hard for that ranking, but they shot my request down.

Evidently, I didn't even make the qualifying rounds. 

-- bebe Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

The lower rungs on the ladder are determined purely by post count.  (Up through Super.)  Then at a certain point the Hearts kick in.  There is some kind of computer algorithm that determines it.  Not sure if there is a hearts to post ratio, or what, but when you trigger the right combination you rank up.  Humans aren't actually reading our posts and voting on whether or not we deserve the promotion.  I'm doubting that there is any simple explanation for what qualifies for the higher levels.  We have been asking for an explanation for over 3 months now, and have not received one, whch pretty much tells me there aren't absolutes.  I don't think anyone understands it except maybe the person that programmed the software.

My advice would be to just ignore the titles and go with the flow.  Post what you want.  Heart what you like.  The system will do it's thing.  It's not a freaking competition!

FYI, I just recently hit "Esteemed" status with about 2,200 hearts. When they initially put the system in in June, folks hit "Esteemed' status after about 600-800 hearts. Evidently too many folks were becoming "Esteemed" way too quickly, so someone in IT revised the ranking calculations. 

The day I became "Esteemed" was a bit of a downer... no one noticed, including me.

I'd like to thank the QVC Notification system for bringing this honor to my attention.

*humbly takes a virtual bow and wonders if she can't hear the cyber claps, does that mean that they weren't there...*

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Hi, @bebe777!  I tend to agree with @SHIRAZ that it's really just an algorithm and I don't think there's any human interaction or any decisions about a limited quota of people in any particular group.  Not that it matters to the PTB, but I've said before I'd prefer they remove them since they do seem to create a substantial level of concern in some posters (I say that because of the number of threads/posts on the topic over time), and since the rankings don't have a clear meaning it seems like much ado about nothing.

jmo,ymmv, however

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Hi, @bebe777!  I tend to agree with @SHIRAZ that it's really just an algorithm and I don't think there's any human interaction or any decisions about a limited quota of people in any particular group.  Not that it matters to the PTB, but I've said before I'd prefer they remove them since they do seem to create a substantial level of concern in some posters (I say that because of the number of threads/posts on the topic over time), and since the rankings don't have a clear meaning it seems like much ado about nothing.

jmo,ymmv, however

@dooBdoo I completely agree with you as you may have gathered from the sarcastic and snarky tone in my recent posts on this thread. 

I love the hearts and heart away to my heart's content, but this silly ranking system annoys me. All it does it to cause unhappiness among some forum members. I can't see any good that it does. IMO. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@SHIRAZ wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Hi @bebe777  Congratulations on your "promotion."  I few days ago I hit "Valued" with my 501st post.  I have no idea how many Hearts I have.  The count is not visible in our account anymore, and I haven't been keeping track.  I still think there are post count thresholds that are more absolute than the hearts.  I'm not sure if I've seen anybody "Trusted" with less than 1000 posts?  (See, even though I'm curious, I don't always bother to be observant - or transfer my observations to long term memory.)  But I am sure by the time you become "Exalted" you will have figured out all of the answers.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

At one time, I had a Top Secret security clearance iin the USAF, so imagine my pride when QVC, a TV shopping channel, found me "trusted" or trust worthy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment