Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@SahmIam wrote:

They don't mean diddly squat to me as I had over 2 THOUSAND posts before the board changed. It has YET to move from the 4 hundred and something since the first day the new board began...and I've posted quite a bit since then. So......yeah.

ITA. I should be showing 12 or 13,000 and I show less then 2000 so no rhyme or reason.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@IamMrsG wrote:

shoekitty wrote, in part: "...Your status has nothing to do with QUALITY of posts, nothing. IMO, although there a few posters who are in touch with moderators, and work for a better posting forum, and are a liaison of sorts because they care. .  I don't believe the moderators have time to read every post on this board for content and grade them  JMHO.  If that were true some of the negitive posters would not be ranked so high.  LOL!" 

I'm glad you said that, @shoekitty.  I frequently see 'respected' under a poster's name and think to myself, "By whom?"  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Isn't there a "clueless contributor" ranking

Honored Contributor

The powers-that-be want to motivate us, and reward us for being on this site and posting. I'm sure the goal is increased sales. While reading the posts and answering them, it increases the chance we'll order something from the Q.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@Preds   This is too good to waste.  Do you mind if I save it and use when applicable? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG ... It's yours!  Use it in good health! Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I'm just surprised that so much stock is put into this sort of stuff, for so many people.   I don't notice what mine says or anybody else's.  I don't know what my post count is, nor do I know what the post count of anybody else is.   I don't understand how it matters.

I'm not trying to put anybody down but I just honestly don't see any reason to make any of it matter so much.

By the same token, I have seen tons of threads about people looking for all their previous posts and wanting to be able to find them all in one place.  I don't get why that would be so important, either.   Do people have to look back to see what they said, so that they don't cross themselves?   I don't say anything that isn't true so I don't have to keep track of anything and if I want to see what threads I've posted in I just look for the check mark on the left side of the thread title.  It's just that simple.   

It's a board for communicating, asking questions, just basic enjoyment - whatever.  I just ask that maybe people might not want to take so seriously things that really are not at all serious.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

With believable difficulty in logging in and functioning within this website since the "change," I have lost my stats, which includes my contributor rank.  I can now say with certaintly, since it must have occurred to others, that these contributor ranks have little, if no meaning, whatsoever, nor do the stand-in grey-type avatar: I've been male for a while now, since my avatar disappeared.

Honored Contributor

sfnative wrote:

With believable difficulty in logging in and functioning within this website since the "change," I have lost my stats, which includes my contributor rank.  I can now say with certaintly, since it must have occurred to others, that these contributor ranks have little, if no meaning, whatsoever, nor do the stand-in grey-type avatar: I've been male for a while now, since my avatar disappeared.

@sfnative, I posted on your thread in the Suggestion Box about the problem:

Thread: Now that I can finally log in again...

I added some notifications for several moderators to call attention to your plight, so with luck they'll see it and help you out.  Do you remember which moderator fixed the problem for you the last time?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@sfnative.....you can change your avatar. While logged in, click on your nic. Choose My Settings, then click on Avatar to change it.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.