Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@Kachina624 I thought that list and

description was 

something a poster found on another board 

not this one.  Is there a link to a

thread where the Q mods

said this list was accurate here?

@newziesuzie  The list came from one posted by the mods here .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone know what the Contributors Ranks Mean & what is the order of them

@missy1 wrote:

I thought it was based on the amount of hearts, only.  There is no way the mods can tell if a poster contributes more to the topic. Only hearts or the number of posts can do that. Everyone should have started at zero. Some of us had really high post counts.

I don't think the hearts should count for much.  Someone can simply post pictures of puppies or kittens and everyone on the board rushes to give hearts.  As much as I love those things, I don't think they deserve hearts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

LOL!  As I was reading through this thread, I was notified of my promotion to "respected contributor."  Yes, respect is a good thing. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Man I didn't realize the list was so long, at this rate I will never reach exalted status...

I thought I was way up there. Not even close! lol

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 I thought that list and

description was 

something a poster found on another board 

not this one.  Is there a link to a

thread where the Q mods

said this list was accurate here?

@newziesuzie  The list came from one posted by the mods here .

@newziesuzie

i dont know when or where the mods posted it, but i did post it on several threads a few months ago. i had found it on a HP forums website.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I am positive ranking goes by posts and hearts.  Yes at 500 a certain ranking hits in , and I know 1000 heartsis a magic number.  We used to have a heart counter and I remember being on the forum 3 times when my rank changed ,  Each time it was at a certain @# of hearts.  Also posts,/at 5000 a rank changes 

When the forum changed, many of us had thousands of posts.  I know I had almost 20,000 when it changed.  My start date went back to March of 2010.  Although I started in 2006.  I didn't post much until the last few years.  So when they went back to 03/2010, so did the number of posts.  When I started the new boards, they reduced me to about 3,500 posts.That is probably what I had in March of 2010.  I started as a super contributor.  When I hit a 100 hearts I elevated the first time.  Then again when I hit 5000. posts, and again each time I hit a bench mark for hearts..

The heart counter was taken away on our individual pages, so unless you are on a mobile device you cannot see them anymore to check.

Your status has nothing to do with QUALITY of posts, nothing. IMO, although there a few posters who are in touch with moderators, and work for a better posting forum, and are a liaison of sorts because they care. .  I don't believe the moderators have time to read every post on this board for content and grade them  JMHO.  If that were true some of the negitive posters would not be ranked so high.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

I just wish they would put back the ORIGINAL date we joined this forum. I was here years and years before my new "joined date". I liked to see just how long somebody was actually a contributing mermber of this board. Now we all seem to have been assigned a new date that means nothing that I can think of. Just a made up date from the new board mods I guess from when they took over the board. Why did they dump our original join date? Anybody know? Mods?

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

I was promoted yesterday.Cat LOL

Me too.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

shoekitty wrote, in part: "...Your status has nothing to do with QUALITY of posts, nothing. IMO, although there a few posters who are in touch with moderators, and work for a better posting forum, and are a liaison of sorts because they care. .  I don't believe the moderators have time to read every post on this board for content and grade them  JMHO.  If that were true some of the negitive posters would not be ranked so high.  LOL!" 

I'm glad you said that, @shoekitty.  I frequently see 'respected' under a poster's name and think to myself, "By whom?"  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

They don't mean diddly squat to me as I had over 2 THOUSAND posts before the board changed. It has YET to move from the 4 hundred and something since the first day the new board began...and I've posted quite a bit since then. So......yeah.